R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Cleaning our cars
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2005, 11:55 AM
Artificial-I
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Denature alcohol attached to an engine cleaner air tool w/ cleaning solution vaccum tube.

This basically allows you to suck and blow any substance at high speed. This is amazing if you have a compressor at home or on the track.

I got mine from harbor freight. 9 dollars and its the best investment ever. I sometimes use 50/50 simple green and rubbing alcohol....well who knows what I use. I just pour in some simple green , sometimes add a little water then pour in some rubbing alcohol.

Shake it a bit and your ready to rock.

Here is a thread on it.

http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207339

I usually soak the vehicle. With a blast of a higher liquid to air solution. Then I almost shut the valve on the solution. And blow a fine fine misty air. When it hits the vehicle it just kinda keeps that one area its blasting wet.

This is perfect for anything....even electronics I blast. I have even used this on electrics of every kind.

Its amazing and the great thing its non-toxic in every way. You can get a face full of this you can breath this and nothing will come of it.

While denatured alcohol and I used just a little , its pretty strong. With a high powered air tool blowing air...its best to stick with this mixture. But you can try whatever else. Just be careful. I fully tested this method before releasing the article.

I have had no problems what so ever. Except the air can blow things off...and sometimes the air is so strong it can rip of some ESC coatings from the LRP blue ESC's. But those are weird and flaky anyways.

Thats about it. Otherwise you can stick to buying 5 dollars cans everytime you want to clean your rc and it still doesnt work as good as the air tool / compressor method.

Even air tool air by itself is pretty effective. But my method by far beats anyone at the track with just air. Mine fully removes everything , pulls off grease from nitro fuel , sticky bearings , sand embedded in places and bearing crevices you could never get out. Locked in oil. Nitro blast cant get it cause it doesnt blow hard enough.

Air tool alone cant get it , cause theres nothing to help remove the trapped containements.

Also the simple green / rubbing alcohol solution is amazing for your tires. Gets in there and just removes any dust or left over debris and your left with brand new fresh tires.

I could go on and on and on about it. But its basically the perfect RC cleaning setup. Its like I said non-toxic to you and the world. And its also very very cheap compared to buying 5 dollar cans all the time.

Simple green can be found in mass quantity for cheap at sams and other places. Grocery stores sell big bottles of alcohol for 1.50. Air tool is only 9. Then if you have a compressor your set. If not you can find cheap ones at wal mart for $60 dollars.

Last edited by Artificial-I; 12-14-2005 at 03:05 PM.