Wiki Posts
Search

Where did the donate thead go??

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stevenmichael
i was on when first posted,and it clearly stated that if he got sponsors to pay all money would be donated,if it went over the 400.00 he asked for it would be donated.

it wasnt until people started being a-holes that he added 600.00 would go to the victims.

Funny I read and understand the same thing, I just think these idiots are just pissed they didnt think of this ,and have never had anything better to do than flame people who have thought of a great Idea!!!!!
Old 09-28-2005, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Great idea ? Let's see.....

Beg others for money so they can go play their hobby.

Gets flamed so adds a real cause to donate to make look ligit.

Quotes gospel, then swears right after in same post. Very consistent. (Using yourself and Dana in the same sentence was an insult to Dana).

Post gets yanked..............

Creates a new name to start another post to get attention back to beg for money again. Yeah right. This Bob / Monki guy can't spell but heard about this really good driver who could help him that his buddies told him about so he starts a new thread. Can't spell but can figure out how to start a thread. Sure. And I have some beach front property in Nevada I liked to sell.

Uses crude language again in his signature.

Gets flamed on that, then edit's signature. Blames other for not having a sense of humor.

No, I don't see it as a "great idea", more like begging on a street corner.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikus

Funny I read and understand the same thing, I just think these idiots are just pissed they didnt think of this ,and have never had anything better to do than flame people who have thought of a great Idea!!!!!

Looks like you are one of the few that think that this was a great idea.

I wouldn't have the nerve to do something like this. In fact I would be embarassed to do this.

Next you are going to think that it is a great idea to steal from others and let uncle sam (who is really the tax paying working class people) to pay your way.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Speaking of Katrina- these would have been the guys in the neighbors house taking their TV and stereo while they have evacuated . Then not feeling sorry for them because "their insurance would pay for it".
Old 09-28-2005, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Gabe - Having worked as a volunteer instructor for the Red Cross, I will say that what your doing is WRONG. You can't publicly solicit funds using the American Red Cross' name for your PERSONAL GAIN, and then promise to donate remaining funds to charity, AFTER your needs are met. How can you not see anything wrong with that? Have you received authorization to use the ARC name? There are soooo many issues here, hell I don't even know where to begin.

Just sell off your multi million dollar stock shares and enjoy the life you so desperately yearn. Or better yet, you could even buy Team Losi, the team that once fired you,....opps I meant sponsored you.

Last edited by Doug D; 09-28-2005 at 09:21 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:20 AM
Suspended

OSherman - Read it however you want. It is easier to donate any extra money, than to try and figure out who would get a refund. That is logical to me. I wasn't going to keep money that I didn't need to race.

stevenmichael - That is correct. Someone emailed me and asked what I would do if I received more than $400.00. I said "Donate it to charity". He said, why don't you let them know that. So I did. I love the edit functions on here.

T. Hodge - Shouldn't you be fixing the rear end on the BK2? Didn't I tell you a year ago to fix it? GET TO WORK! It's 3:07pm when you posted, that is company time...lol...PS white rims *explicit*

mikus - I am just glad this isn't 1507, or my head would be cut off.

Kevin CBR - Kevin, begging and asking are two different words, with two different meanings. If you can realize this, please read a book. No, needed a way to get rid of any extra money for a good cause. Where did I quote gospel? Ask and thall shall receive is not gospel. That is what Dana Smeltzer told me, and if you don't believe him, ask him. Is that why Dana still calls to find out how I am doing? Because I insult him. Dana helped me get hooked up with AE back in 95' but you would know nothing of that, because you don't know me, my story or anything. You would do better if you just kept to yourself. I didn't say that, Ron Burgundy did, and when he did, you laughed too, so quit being a hypocrite. No, I didn't get flamed on it, I changed it because MarkA asked me to. That is called RESPECT. I RESPECT him and pretty much everyone on here, something some of you don't/won't/can't or refuse to understand. And last, seeing as that I am sitting on my corner, your comparison to pandering on a street corner is not very convincing.

THE DOCTOR - I don't think that is his intention in any way. mikus doesn't state that he wants uncle sam to pay for anything. And no one is stealing anything. It is more like a gift.

Brandon Melton - If you are talking about me, or anyone else, your wrong. Sorry buddy, your just wrong. I would have left the area several days before any Hurricane showed up. Wish we had a 2 days notice when an earthquake was coming. I would have walked if I had no car/gas/money. I would have asked for a ride did something, not just waited for a giant storm to come bear down on me. Sorry, that is what I would have done.

Doug D - That is great doug! I am glad you have helped in the past. If ARC had a problem with this, they will tell me. Until an ARC person calls and asks me not to donate extra money, I still think your wrong, and I will continue to say that any extra will go to them. I don't have my Google stock. It is gone, and without my close friends I would be homeless. I have been working two jobs, and this would be the only race I could feasibly go to this year. Also, seeing as that I never really worked for Losi, they didn't fire me. They didn't want me to go to school, and I didn't want to be a $.94 per hour slave to them any more. Again, unless YOU were there, you have no idea why I left TL, TT, and Novak in 1998. So please quit acting like you do know.

Again, to anyone posting on these threads, I don't really care if you like me or not, I really don't care if you think my views are right or wrong, and I know that what I say isn't going to change your mind in any way. Please continue to post if you want, but I have spoken my piece.

C-Ya at the races!!!!
Old 09-29-2005, 05:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gabe Boudreau
Also, seeing as that I never really worked for Losi, they didn't fire me. They didn't want me to go to school, and I didn't want to be a $.94 per hour slave to them any more.
Ahhhhh, my bad! Thanks for straightening that out! Sounds like you got the short end of the stick, $.94 per hour wasn't even minimum wage in 1998. Dude, I'd sue!....
Old 09-29-2005, 06:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gabe Boudreau
. They didn't want me to go to school, and I didn't want to be a $.94 per hour slave to them any more.
Maybe you should have stayed or take my suggestion from your first thread about this.......... Get a "JOB" .... Its your HOBBY .
Old 09-29-2005, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stumper
Maybe you should have stayed or take my suggestion from your first thread about this.......... Get a "JOB" .... Its your HOBBY .

Hey Donkey Hole, get your facts straight, he has two jobs like most of us in California, Sure we could move to a ghetto state Like lets say Texas for instance, where you could buy 9 homes for the price of one out here. But then again you'd be living in Texas!!!! I usually read or listen before flaming, so study up buddy before bashin

And besides we all have something in common here, we all play with toy cars, some of us just seem to grow up!!!
Old 09-29-2005, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Sure we could move to a ghetto state Like lets say Texas for instance, where you could buy 9 homes for the price of one out here. But then again you'd be living in Texas!!!!
Ya'll would make 9 times more than Texans, but it would cost 9 times as much to live in Cali (with all the hippies). I'd take Texas over Cali. But then again, Socal Raceway and the Tamiya track are in Cali. Maybe I might have to reconsider.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

at least our state has more than 3 last names !!!!

Last edited by mikus; 09-29-2005 at 02:14 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

at least our state has more than 3 last names !!!!

Yeah and they are all Garcia, Martinez, Rodriguez, Lopez, Santiago
Old 09-29-2005, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

If you can't afford to live where you live, be it Cali., Tx. Fla. or Alaska, MOVE! If you don't like having to work 2 jobs to make ENDS MEAT, MOVE! If you feel that you can't get ahead in YOUR current situation, CHANGE IT!

You guys keep saying I work two jobs and I still struggle to race. Or what Gabe did was cool cause everything here is more expensive than everywhere else on earth.....Well to that I say

Cali is one of the RICHEST RC states in the US how does the other thousands of PPL afford to race and LIVE without needing a HANDOUT?? They manage thier money better then those that CAN'T AFFORD TO RACE!
Old 09-29-2005, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by imprsme
Yeah and they are all Garcia, Martinez, Rodriguez, Lopez, Santiago

And your point is??? Are you Racist , And If so I sure hope you really arent sponsored by Corally as you signature indicates????
Old 09-29-2005, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

....Sure we could move to a ghetto state Like lets say Texas for instance, where you could buy 9 homes for the price of one out here. But then again you'd be living in Texas!!!! I usually read or listen before flaming, so study up buddy before bashin
And you're calling who a racist ?

Since you're in Santa Barbara, you probably would not know this but over 50% of children enrolled in the Los Angeles county school district grades K-12 can not even speak English so perhaps you forgot to "study up".

Guess you ran out of ways to defend your buddies begging (or whatever politically correct term you want to use for a person "asking" other people to "give" him their hard earned money so he can go play at a "hobby").

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.