Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
In-line water trap for compressor hose >

In-line water trap for compressor hose

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

In-line water trap for compressor hose

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2003, 07:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Default In-line water trap for compressor hose

Hey I have a big problem with water getting in my air-line and really ruining some paint jobs on me. I have a regulator with a water trap in it, but that doesn't seem to do anything, it seems that all the mositures comes from when the air actually gets into the hose. I have seen the in-line water traps online that are supposed to solve this problem, and I'm wondering whether they work or not, and if they do.. what is a really good one I can buy and where at? And I will also probably need installation tips for it if it doesn't come with any. Thank you very much in advanced for any help.
Old 09-22-2003, 03:05 PM
Tech Adept

Sorry, but I don't have any idea about the inline trap. But do you have your moisture trap verticle? I've heard that if you don't, it won't trap the moisture as well. I know very little about compressors, but it is hard to believe that the water is collecting in your hose. Maybe you have a bad moisture trap.
Old 09-24-2003, 05:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Yes the mositure trap is verticle. I've pulled it off and looked at it, can't find anything wrong with it. I've had it for about 6 months now and painted 4 r/c bodies as well as a few other projects, and so far I haven't got a drop of water in my water trap. All I ever get is a tiny bit of condensation on the inside of it. I would add a link to an in-line water trap that I've found online but the site is down right now.
Old 09-24-2003, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Default Here's a Link...

to an inline moisture trap, although I've never used one myself. At the bottom of the page, they have a Toll Free Product Info number that you can call yo find out about it, so I'd give that a try. Good Luck!
Old 09-25-2003, 12:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Thank you very much TurnNBurn, I think I will be ordering that one as it looks better yet is cheaper than the other one I found.
Thank you very much once again.
Old 09-25-2003, 10:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

I use an inline watertrap, they are great but you do have to drain them when they start to fill up.

Badger has a clear plastic one so you can see how much moisture has accumulated. I beleive it came with instructions, here is the part #50-2014 and the link, check page 2 of accessories.

moisture trap

Good Luck
Old 09-27-2003, 07:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks lmunno I will check that one out as well.
Old 09-29-2003, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Immuno, never saw that one... looks good, but it says that it's for use with Badger hoses only. DB, if you have a Badger/T&C brush that may work for you too.