Community
Wiki Posts
Search

O.S .12tz any good???

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 01:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I would check/replace all o-rings and the dust cover and see how it goes.

Did it just start happening or was it like this from day go? I also get a little bit spitting out but nothing worth worrying about.....yet

Providing your temps are ok and you have a light smoke trail at full throttle then yeah try leaning it out a tad and observe the difference
Old 06-19-2009, 09:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by lolgager
I will try to lean it a bit and observe the difference.
THanks bro..

Anyway..if we chg the bearings from normal to ceramic type, does it shows any changes?how is performance wise?or is it just to make the bearing last longer?pls advice..plan to chg both to ceramic..
i dont see any point if u change it to ceramic bearing i downgraded my os speed from ceramic to normal bearing. and there is no difference in performance, run time and temperature how do i know this? my carburetor was set previously used on ceramic bearing, when i change to normal bearing? i didnt tweak any needle and it starts in a single kick! some might say, ceramic bearing is over rated.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by freestyles
I would check/replace all o-rings and the dust cover and see how it goes.

Did it just start happening or was it like this from day go? I also get a little bit spitting out but nothing worth worrying about.....yet

Providing your temps are ok and you have a light smoke trail at full throttle then yeah try leaning it out a tad and observe the difference
Its just happen after changing front bearing..
im not sure whether all the spitting is cause from the dust cover or somewhere else..but what i can see is obviously the spitting oil is from the end of the dust cover near to LSN needle.

Neway..may i know what is the max temp for this OS TZ to stay in good condition and in top performance..normally i ran it out for 130 Celcius..is that ok?
thanks
Old 06-22-2009, 07:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Went back to the OS1040 pipe, engine performing well. Not as fast on the backstraight as the Red Dots and Nova's but makes up for it on the slower infield sections. Have ordered the newer OS1050 pipe, hope to get it this week.

Had increased the Nitro from 20% to 25% but at the end of the heat engine was idling very high unlike when I was using 20%. Any ideas, maybe it was too lean and got too hot?
Old 06-22-2009, 07:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Archangel100
Went back to the OS1040 pipe, engine performing well. Not as fast on the backstraight as the Red Dots and Nova's but makes up for it on the slower infield sections. Have ordered the newer OS1050 pipe, hope to get it this week.

Had increased the Nitro from 20% to 25% but at the end of the heat engine was idling very high unlike when I was using 20%. Any ideas, maybe it was too lean and got too hot?
when u didnt tune it right after changing, it is supposed to be lean and result in hotter engine when u increase nitro content.
a possibility of detonation which really occurs when changing from 16% to 25%.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Its just happen after changing front bearing..
im not sure whether all the spitting is cause from the dust cover or somewhere else..but what i can see is obviously the spitting oil is from the end of the dust cover near to LSN needle.

Neway..may i know what is the max temp for this OS TZ to stay in good condition and in top performance..normally i ran it out for 130 Celcius..is that ok?
thanks
when i change rubber front bearing, i notice my dust cover leaks a bit of oil at LSN, but it just give it a wet look, not spilling. according to friends, its normal if u get it too rich or if the o-rings worn off. so i lean it out a little, no leaking found.
as for engine temperature, normal run with the best power about is 115-122. i've seen people running 125-130 constant, and still the engine last 2 years.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nazwenhome
when i change rubber front bearing, i notice my dust cover leaks a bit of oil at LSN, but it just give it a wet look, not spilling. according to friends, its normal if u get it too rich or if the o-rings worn off. so i lean it out a little, no leaking found.
as for engine temperature, normal run with the best power about is 115-122. i've seen people running 125-130 constant, and still the engine last 2 years.
ic..thanks bro 4 d info..
Any advice how frequent we need to clean this engine to stay in good shape and last long..
Old 06-23-2009, 08:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

What is a good resonably priced pipe and where is a good place online to order one?

Thanks
Old 06-23-2009, 08:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

ic..thanks bro 4 d info..
Any advice how frequent we need to clean this engine to stay in good shape and last long..
no problem,im glad to help
there is no standard set on how often. maybe once a month if u run it every week.it all depends if u have an overheat or erratic engine behavior.
as an addition,the higher the fuel quality is,the less often u need to service it
Old 06-23-2009, 08:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by LThompson37
What is a good resonably priced pipe and where is a good place online to order one?

Thanks
what people normally recommend for OS TZ motors is T1050, SAGE, and HEC turbo. all are about the same price any where.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

The online shops that I know of do not carry much 1/10th nitro stuff? Which shops will have the best selection?
Old 06-23-2009, 11:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

u can try this online shop,since i deal with them several times:
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/engine...-c-38_482.html
http://www.rc-mushroom.com/index.php...a&filter_id=13
Old 08-02-2009, 12:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Where is a good place to get Bearing for my 12TZ 5P?

Is bearing size same for all 12TZ series?
Old 08-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

same size. if you are thinking about ceramic, u can try os tz spec2 bearing.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nazwenhome
same size. if you are thinking about ceramic, u can try os tz spec2 bearing.
Just need something cheap to replace them. My front bearing is leaking just after less than 2 gallon.

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...oducts_id=6515

is this any good?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.