Wiki Posts
Search

Bullit rc engine

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Bullit rc engine

this appears to be a new company with similar marketing strategy as Nvision.
anyone now anything about them?
http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=9999

Last edited by J.Whiting; 05-10-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:10 AM
Tech Addict

Source-JohnHazlewood-NemoRacing http://nemoracing.vanillaforums.com/......../#Item_11

Last edited by jamiekerr14; 03-23-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I hope they're going to make a new 8th scale buggy. There aren't enough of those on the market right now...
Old 03-23-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Steve Mcqueen is back to bless us with his magic in the RC world. What else could Bullitt be? WINNING.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AZRC4Me
I hope they're going to make a new 8th scale buggy. There aren't enough of those on the market right now...
Lol . yea it seems like the market for buggies and even engines now, is really becoming flooded. i am not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing
Old 03-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fullsyzz
Steve Mcqueen is back to bless us with his magic in the RC world. What else could Bullitt be? WINNING.

Lol, love that 67 'Stang. WINNING lol.

Yea, I have mixed feelings about the current market saturation of buggies/engines. To someone just getting into the hobby, it's gotta be kinda daunting. However, it should also speak volumes about the quality and market presence of the Big 5, as none of these new fledgling manufacturers have been able to hold a candle to what their (Big 5-Losi, Associated, Kyosho, HotBodies/HPI, Mugen)products offer in terms of the complete package-parts, support, R&D, history, technology, cost.

My guess is Bullit is some kind of "engine manufacturer" who buys mills from one of the bigger companies, inserts "revolutionary part x", slaps a different color anodized cooling head on and presto, new motors.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yea, I have mixed feelings about the current market saturation of buggies/engines. To someone just getting into the hobby, it's gotta be kinda daunting. However, it should also speak volumes about the quality and market presence of the Big 5, as none of these new fledgling manufacturers have been able to hold a candle to what their (Big 5-Losi, Associated, Kyosho, HotBodies/HPI, Mugen)products offer in terms of the complete package-parts, support, R&D, history, technology, cost.

My guess is Bullit is some kind of "engine manufacturer" who buys mills from one of the bigger companies, inserts "revolutionary part x", slaps a different color anodized cooling head on and presto, new motors.
Actually, that's a '68. The only external difference between the two are the reflectors on the rear quarter panels. Internally, the '68 had round gauges, where the '67 had square (like the 64 1/2 - '66).

I hope the new whatever comes with a 390 big block!
Old 03-23-2011, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I hear that the new Bullit W-KZ B5 engine is going to be manufactured
in Tiawan. The Bullit 3013/3058 pipe-sets will coming out of Korea and
all of their glowplugs are made in China.
All of this together is going to be better than a box of combination
stirfry rice. j/k
Old 03-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Tech Regular

I like that theres a lot of options out as i really like some of these newer companies like durango but several brands are making almost mirror copies or just having someone make the product for them and slapping there sticker on it. those practices are starting to get old.

i am concerned(probably for no reason) about what this flood could due long term as the market share spreads out it is certainly plausible that the profits could decrease potentially effecting R@D budgets and quality for the bigger more creditable brands
Old 03-23-2011, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jamiekerr14
Looks like a re-badged OS Speed...yawn.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

yawn is right and JQ products is also going to release an o.s. engine.
i think im gunna give o.s. a call. anyone wanna design me a cooling head.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ruune
Actually, that's a '68. The only external difference between the two are the reflectors on the rear quarter panels. Internally, the '68 had round gauges, where the '67 had square (like the 64 1/2 - '66).

I hope the new whatever comes with a 390 big block!
Yes it is a 68 but I hate to break it to you but you are wrong about the differences. I own both a 67 and a 68 and there are more differences than just the Side markers in the rear quarter panels: Side louvers/scoupes in the "C" right behind the door are different, interior trim is slightly different, the rear vailence is defferent sense 68 had exhaust tips similar to the 69 mustangs, rims changed in 68 from 67 to Fords version of the rally whhel found on 68 and 69 stangs, 68 was offered with a 302 after April instead of the 289, But 99% of ther parts between the two will interchange with the exception of the side reflectors and the side louvers/scopes. The quages between the two are virtually identical. After 66 ford never went back to a square Guage setup in the mustang they were all either round or semi circles. Not trying to be a know it all but I am a huge Pony fan and its a pet pev of mine when not all the facts are put forth on the old stangs like this.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by backinblck
Yes it is a 68 but I hate to break it to you but you are wrong about the differences. I own both a 67 and a 68 and there are more differences than just the Side markers in the rear quarter panels: Side louvers/scoupes in the "C" right behind the door are different, interior trim is slightly different, the rear vailence is defferent sense 68 had exhaust tips similar to the 69 mustangs, rims changed in 68 from 67 to Fords version of the rally whhel found on 68 and 69 stangs, 68 was offered with a 302 after April instead of the 289, But 99% of ther parts between the two will interchange with the exception of the side reflectors and the side louvers/scopes. The quages between the two are virtually identical. After 66 ford never went back to a square Guage setup in the mustang they were all either round or semi circles. Not trying to be a know it all but I am a huge Pony fan and its a pet pev of mine when not all the facts are put forth on the old stangs like this.
yes... I stand corrected. After typing that, I realized that I flubbed on the gauges. 66 vs 65 was when they went to square. There were a lot of subtle changes between '67 and '68, but the overall structure is identical. I had a '69 (which is still my fav). '69 and '70 were almost identical, sans the grille, logos, and the fake air intakes on the rear panels. I'm currently planning a 2-3 year project build on a '69 2+2, using a Kaase Aluminum EFI Boss 9 mill. Still researching suspension mods. Going to go with a tubular a-arm front and IRS in the back, from a cobra r. Going to get interesting.

Sorry for the hijack. I start thinking about muscle cars and get that special feeling.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ruune
Sorry for the hijack. I start thinking about muscle cars and get that special feeling.
It's all good Argubly waaay more exciting than this thread's original topic lol.

My Dad had an original '70 Boss 302 Grabber Orange when I was 15-got to take her out on the backroads a couple times, such a sweet ride. Love those old Stangs.

I wish these overnight companies would instill some ingenuity in products rather than just rebadging and coloring existing stuff. How about furthering development please...?
Old 03-23-2011, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

Bullit the movie = original classic

Bullit the motor = not

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.