Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ContactRC Tyres

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello Kevin, I am truly sorry to hear that you’re not distributing Contact tires any longer, the tires were work very well but also had some major gluing problem throughout the year and again the gluing problem happened with last batch of tires a few weeks back. I support the tires because of you and that is what got me to try them. You tried to help us racers out the best you or anyone could ever ask when there was problems out of your control. I thank you for all your help, my hats off to you. I have been in the RC business 25 years and selling rubber tires for 12 years so I probably understand what happen since it almost happens to everyone that works hard and that is a good person, so I probably have an idea what you’re going through and dealing with per your comments on your stepping away from Contact tire letter. . I have been in that situation 3 times with different companies that are manufactured out of the USA and it might not be right but also has happened to the best people in the business. There is no more gentleman agreement or hand shake any longer in today’s day in age and that what’s sad, Only in a America that the one who works hard and get's things started gets the boot to a$$ and the one who has the most money WINS, that’s awesome, only in America

Keep your head up, I am in the same business and it's a hobby for almost everyone, but for some of us it’s our business and lively hood and it’s sad that this happens. Some people do not or will never understand that it cost a lot and a lot of hard work and many extra hours away from family and late nights to make us racers happy and to make very little money unless you do millions a year. The positive thing about all this, you won’t have to stay up late or have major headaches trying to solve problem out of your control and trying to save your business and customers when something major happens OOYC, lol. KARMA, I believe in it.

Thanks my friend
Billy
Old 06-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Tech Regular

Kevin

I am sorry to hear that you will no longer be the distributor for Contact here in the U.S. It's people like you that help us racers do what we do and have fun while doing it. I want to thank you for all your hard work and support .

Obviously it takes more than just a good product and competiative pricing to earn loyality and customers. It takes customer service and a commitment to standing behind what you sell. You have always been there and for this I thank you. It amazes me how people in this industry can't just leave a good thing be.
I hope in time they will come to realize how they have negatively impacted their standing in the R/C community for those of us whom purchased and supported their product becuase of you.

I sincerely wish you the best and look forward to working with you in the future.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Questions?? Question regarding racing vs. bashing setup

Hello Everyone,

I notice alot of the pros use a 32F/35R setup, but for normal parking lot racing or up/down the street bashing, is this the setup to go with as well? Most people here and even on EBay sell 35F/37R, which seems to be a common thing. What's your thoughts? I'm looking to purchase a few pairs online, but would like some help and feedback in this area. Thanks for looking.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rip67vdub
Hello Everyone,

I notice alot of the pros use a 32F/35R setup, but for normal parking lot racing or up/down the street bashing, is this the setup to go with as well? Most people here and even on EBay sell 35F/37R, which seems to be a common thing. What's your thoughts? I'm looking to purchase a few pairs online, but would like some help and feedback in this area. Thanks for looking.
For parking lot bashing, i would buy whatever tires are the cheapest and just remember to keep the front tires softer than the rear. If you are going to do parking lot racing, that is a different story. Most guys now prefer a 5 shore split, 32F/37R or 35F/40R. I for one have run 35F/40R for parking lot racing and have had no problems at all. Is the parking lot you race is nice and smoothly paved or does it have bumps and little holes? This will also add a variable into tires purchasing.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by esckalayd
For parking lot bashing, i would buy whatever tires are the cheapest and just remember to keep the front tires softer than the rear. If you are going to do parking lot racing, that is a different story. Most guys now prefer a 5 shore split, 32F/37R or 35F/40R. I for one have run 35F/40R for parking lot racing and have had no problems at all. Is the parking lot you race is nice and smoothly paved or does it have bumps and little holes? This will also add a variable into tires purchasing.

First and foremost, thanks for getting back to me esckalayd. The parking lot I race w/ my buddies is pretty smooth. Almost, re-paved like quality. On the other hand, when I just feel like smashing infront of my home, that's a different story. Very bumpy, not too many pot holes, and even my front bumper tends to rub on those uneven high surfaces. Would you say perhaps for smooth surfaces, a 35F/40R would be the way to go and a 32F/37R for rough surfaces? Maybe I'm all wrong here or have it backwards. I apologize ahead of time
Old 07-20-2012, 04:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

First and foremost, thanks for getting back to me esckalayd. The parking lot I race w/ my buddies is pretty smooth. Almost, re-paved like quality. On the other hand, when I just feel like smashing infront of my home, that's a different story. Very bumpy, not too many pot holes, and even my front bumper tends to rub on those uneven high surfaces. Would you say perhaps for smooth surfaces, a 35F/40R would be the way to go and a 32F/37R for rough surfaces? Maybe I'm all wrong here or have it backwards. I apologize ahead of time
You can make things easy and just use 35F/40R for both surfaces and all traction levels. I have used this 5 shore split for low traction parking lot races, all the way up to regional races were the track has so much traction some guys traction roll. For rough surfaces you tend to want harder tires b/c softer tires will chunk or split with these conditions. If your front bumper is rubbing, check your ride height before you put the car in the street. Make sure you are at least 5mm in the front and 6mm in the rear.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Questions??

Hello Everyone,

Originally Posted by esckalayd

rip67vdub 32f/35r or 35f/37r 1/8th Le-Mans (GUESSING!!!)

esckalayd 35f/40r 1/10th Touring Car
Are you guys talking about the same class?
Old 07-20-2012, 06:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stuff Of Legend
rip67vdub 32f/35r or 35f/37r 1/8th Le-Mans (GUESSING!!!)

esckalayd 35f/40r 1/10th Touring Car
Are you guys talking about the same class?
I apologize, i made the assumption from the beginning we were talking about 1/10 sedan b/c i don't know many people who parking lot bash with a 1/8 scale.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Who are the distributors for Contact tires in the US now? Kevin did such a great job.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Highside20
Who are the distributors for Contact tires in the US now? Kevin did such a great job.
Superior Hobbies out of Orlando may still carry them
Old 07-23-2012, 10:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You should try the ENNETI tire, they are way better than Contact tires
Old 07-24-2012, 04:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yes Kevin did a fine job and I appreciate him introducing me to the line. As for current distribution, we still handle them and A Main handles them. They have been excellent tires and a great company to deal with. Considering Contact's on track and off track performance, to suggest that any other brand is "way better" that is a hard claim to back up.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:11 AM
Tech Champion

Well I see "those" tires coming unglued all the time and the wheels wobbles out of the box, here is a picture that says it all!

Old 07-24-2012, 11:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Well I see "those" tires coming unglued all the time and the wheels wobbles out of the box, here is a picture that says it all!

You're the worst Spammer I've ever seen
Old 07-25-2012, 12:30 AM
X4
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze

I've never seen a contact rc tyre (or any other brand tyre) that disintegrate like that ......... unless YOU are a horrible driver or a beginner that crashed into wall at full speed... and maybe even after that the tyre may not even come out like the one you posted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.