Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho to choose CRF as engine supplier

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 10:02 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dreddlox
Where can I purhase the new engine? And if I'm correct, I'll need CRF clutch parts for the 720?
The new engine should be available from my understanding at all the greater LHS's carrying Kyosho. I would contact Kyosho USA as they would be the best to answer that one.

The CRF clutch is not mandatory but highly reccomended for performance and ease of use.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I might have to buy this cooling head to increase the bling factor of my CRF in the my RRR. This color is much nicer than the silver one.

Old 05-11-2007, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

anyone know what is the price like ?
seems like i'm going to burn another hole in my wallet soon...
Old 05-12-2007, 05:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Japan release is set for June
U.S. release no info yet
Old 05-17-2007, 05:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

According to our reporters in Japan, the recent much talked about, will they, won't they Kyosho / Orion news has been announced at the Shizouka hobby show which began today. The unofficial news is that Kyosho will be assuming control of the Team Orion Japan operations, previously run by HPI Japan.

This story fits in with the recent moves of several of Kyosho's onroad drivers to Orion engines. (Bertin, Cyrul, van Gastel...)
Could we see Kanai sporting Orion engines in the near future?
"2007.05.16 “Team ORION JAPAN” business to KYOSHO transferring!           From 2007 June 1st” capital trade (Inc.)” to business activity is transferred from” the HPI” corporation! "
Old 05-22-2007, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Tim Johnson: Will Kyosho America continue to support Sirio or are there plans to drop this product line?
Old 05-22-2007, 05:13 PM
Tech Regular

Kyosho buys Team Orion,

Following on from what we had heard earlier in the week, we can now confirm to you that the 2nd announcement to be made by Kyosho is that they have purchased Team Orion. From what we hear the deal means that the Japanese company now owns Team Orion Europe, Japan and USA, and we presume Peak Motors too, and that they also now own the CRF engine project. Our source in Japan also confirmed that they saw a group photo being taken which included Joel Johnson (head of Kyosho USA), Masayuki Suzuki (president of Kyosho) and Philippe Neidhart (former owner of Team Orion) which would suggest that all 3 will be involved in some way within the new companies. We hope to bring you the official release when we get it.
http://www.redrc.net/2007/05/exclusi...ys-team-orion/
Old 05-22-2007, 08:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MRX4-R03
Kyosho buys Team Orion,

Following on from what we had heard earlier in the week, we can now confirm to you that the 2nd announcement to be made by Kyosho is that they have purchased Team Orion. From what we hear the deal means that the Japanese company now owns Team Orion Europe, Japan and USA, and we presume Peak Motors too, and that they also now own the CRF engine project. Our source in Japan also confirmed that they saw a group photo being taken which included Joel Johnson (head of Kyosho USA), Masayuki Suzuki (president of Kyosho) and Philippe Neidhart (former owner of Team Orion) which would suggest that all 3 will be involved in some way within the new companies. We hope to bring you the official release when we get it.
http://www.redrc.net/2007/05/exclusi...ys-team-orion/
One word.... WOW... Is this the beginning of a Big shift of power within the electric and nitro RC world??? Time will tell...

RC_Alan