Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 09:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

How Much is the new eighty 3.0??
Old 02-02-2013, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeromerc
Stop being silly?? Seen all the signs??? I have been on the front lines in Vietnam trying to bring Losi into the spotlight, the local Hobby Shop who sells Losi even contacted them before he made his order, between 2 people with email replies from Horizon and top drivers specifically asking about a new kit before we did our orders we got emphatic NO NEW KIT. It wouldn't be so bad if there were more local hobby shops in Vietnam selling things but because of the time delay in shipping we have to order in bulk or we loose our butts on shipping. I for one have gone through so many ring and pinion gears on my truggy that I order 10 sets at a time. I have taken videos of me assembling them and sent them to team drivers because I have had so much friggin trouble with them. I even reshim after I run a tank through them. All of this on video and every answer I get is I am doing it right. Then every year I buy a new set of shock rebuild kits and shafts not to mention all the bearings throughout the year, and you think I am silly because not even one month ago hell 3 weeks ago before we ordered $17000 worth of parts they said we had nothing to worry about there was NO NEW kit coming down the pipeline. Yeah we call in our orders to make sure they are right, the local HS guy ordered 10 kits of each truggy and buggy, plus countless other spare parts and now he won't be able to sell any without taking a loss or not making any money.
Hi Jeromerc,

I'm live in Malaysia,about the 3.0,we here are waiting for it about 6-8 months ago,there are sign that TLR drivers testing lots of new item on many races with lots of photos.so,new kit is on the corner.As for the guy who reply you'No New Kit'that's what they are follow company order not to,i had contact fews TLR driver also lip are tight.
As for 2.0 or 2.0 EU kits,it still sell like a hot cake cause it now with a discount price that new comer cant reject.

James
Old 02-02-2013, 10:41 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by NioChieffo
@Todd or Adam

What a nice Car! I love it!! Nice job!

In your TLRACING site (I can't post link this is my first message) I read: "Myriad of option parts included-Front and rear adjustable hinge pin mounts, lightweight 48T spur gear, lightweight outdrives in all three differentials, aluminum bearing inserts, and +1mm rear hexes"

What does this mean? The rear is more wide on 3.0 or in package we have optional +1mm rear exes?

The chassis is more flexible than the 2.0 chassis or it is the same because it is hard coated?

Excuse me for my bad english!!
The +1mm hex means that we included 1mm wider rear hexes with the kit.

All of our chassis are hard coated. The flex is added in the machining of the chassis.

Originally Posted by dwkenn1
Hey Adam quick question, will some of the upgrades from 2.0 like aluminum rear hubs fit, and are the bearing size the same, will the light weight axles work , titanium shock stand off fit the new shock towers and will ya be coming out with carbon fiber shock towers.

Thanks,
Dwayne
The aluminum rear hubs will fit with no problem and they have the same bearing size so the LW axles will work. The shock standoffs are a little longer but you should be able to make the titainum ones work. As of right now, there are no plans for graphite shock towers.

Originally Posted by jeromerc
What pisses me off is that when you ask them if they are going to bring out a new platform and they tell you NO, so you order all your parts for the year and now look what happens. It is total BS, I understand they can't tell people ahead of time that something new is coming out, but FFS when it is this type of a hobby instead of saying "NO" they should say something else maybe "I can't answer that now", when they say "NO" they straight up lied. I just ordered a years worth of a-arms, ring and pinion gears, new shock shafts, dog bones and drive shafts as well as a new chassis and new diff cases. I spent over $2000 for both my truggy and my buggy. This is the last year I will EVER race a Losi. The sad thing is that with the new platform out I can't even sell my 2.0 and get ANYWHERE close to what I have invested simply because there is a new model out, our local HS also just ordered over $15000 worth of parts and kits for the local racers, way to go Losi/Horizon, thanks a bunch, the only thing I am glad is that I bought a new XB9 I might just chock up the loss and switch brands, I am extremely pissed at the moment
I respect your frustrations and it is a tough situation when we have a new car coming out. Technically the year supply of rear arms, ring and pinions, dogbones and driveshafts, diff cases, and chassis will work on the 8IGHT 3.0. The geometry on the front arms is the same, the only difference is the droop screw countersink and the arm was modified so it wouldn't hit the spokes of the wheel during full steering throw. For the rear arms the geometry is the same, so you can use 2.0 arms, the only change is the clearance for the dogbone system, which is aftermarket, and the new droop screw counter sink in the bottom of the arm.The only part that you mentioned are the shock shafts that cannot transistion to the 8IGHT 3.0.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I like the updates and the fact that it is so similar to a 2.0 with upgrades that my 2.0 should remain competitive. Now the question is when my shocks need to be rebuilt do I go with better pistons, new shocks by others or the new losi shocks? Other than the shocks and caster angle a well built 2.0 seems about the same.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rimontes
Wsup Wes, hope all is well brotha!
Richard! How is California? It's my birthday today here in Southern Illinois and I woke up to snow!

Can I come stay with you guys and we'll go play with our TLR cars?
Old 02-03-2013, 10:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Todd looking at online photos it seemed to me that the brake discs are made in steel with brake pads similar to kyosho.... what kind of brake pads and discs have this car now?

tnks for the answer!

Last edited by NioChieffo; 02-03-2013 at 10:05 AM. Reason: errors
Old 02-03-2013, 12:44 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by BlueStreakOne
I like the updates and the fact that it is so similar to a 2.0 with upgrades that my 2.0 should remain competitive. Now the question is when my shocks need to be rebuilt do I go with better pistons, new shocks by others or the new losi shocks? Other than the shocks and caster angle a well built 2.0 seems about the same.
Considering the effort and the precision we have created with the 16mm shocks, I suggest getting the shocks. We will be announcing the part numbers soon for the replacement shock kits. We found that by improving the shock bore allowed for a much smoother shock. Also with the machined bushing and guides keep the shaft and piston centered in the shock very well. A massive improvement over the 2.0 shocks. We also improved the coating on the shock shafts with the TiCn coating, which eliminated the coating from wearing off.

Originally Posted by NioChieffo
Todd looking at online photos it seemed to me that the brake discs are made in steel with brake pads similar to kyosho.... what kind of brake pads and discs have this car now?

tnks for the answer!
They are the same brake discs as the 2.0 and have the internal metal insert with the composite molded around the metal insert. The ones in the photos were machined down to eliminate them from touching the brake caliper springs. The brake discs in the kit will be a slightly smaller diameter. Roughly about -1mm total diameter.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wes Lawrence
Richard! How is California? It's my birthday today here in Southern Illinois and I woke up to snow!

Can I come stay with you guys and we'll go play with our TLR cars?
Man it's in the 70s right now lol. Happy birthday brotha! Yeah for sure you have to make your way out here and bring all your cars lol
Old 02-03-2013, 01:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is it possible to say if a 8ight T 3.0 is coming out because I just bought one and I cant stay with TLR with all these quite serious updates!
Old 02-03-2013, 01:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChanMan23
Is it possible to say if a 8ight T 3.0 is coming out because I just bought one and I cant stay with TLR with all these quite serious updates!
Your not going to get a straight answer, but the 8T 2.0 has been discontinued.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by l3asher
Your not going to get a straight answer, but the 8T 2.0 has been discontinued.
Actually it hasn't. It's due back in stock February 4th according to Horizon's ordering site.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34
Actually it hasn't. It's due back in stock February 4th according to Horizon's ordering site.

This is what it says when I load the page.

Unfortunately, this item is no longer available. If updated or related products are suggested, you can access them through a link that will appear below this text.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...n-scte-TLR0805
Old 02-03-2013, 06:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

How much money will the 3.0 buggy cost and when will it be available to purchase?
Old 02-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Tech Adept

Mid april and about $700
Old 02-03-2013, 10:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Kiel328
Mid april and about $700
why would it be $700? r u guessing or did someone tell u this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.