Wiki Posts
Search

Best nitro buggy for racing?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default Best nitro buggy for racing?

What is the best nitro buggy for racing?I'm thinking about something losi again but i already had 3.Can someone give me some opinions on what the best is for racing in your mind?Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

anyone?
Old 10-19-2010, 05:41 PM
Tech Addict

Is this a serious thread? Just asking cause if you search on here you can find about 20 just like it over the last few months. If it is for real...., best of luck getting a straight answer.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Yes it is a serious thread and all i want are peoples opinions on the best buggy if that is so hard.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:54 PM
Tech Addict

Well... I think people are avoiding it because it's been debated so many times and nobody really gives a straight answer, they just tell you what they run is the best. I run truggy but all my friends run buggies. We have an AE, Losi, Mugen, and a couple Jammin's in our group. I've drove the Losi and the AE and liked the AE better but that could have been setup. The Losi was quick and nimble but seemed a little twitchy for my taste. My buddy who has the Mugen M-spec likes it pretty well but he's having a hard time dialing in the front end. The Jammin's are heavier but seem very forgiving to drive. In fact, the guy with the M-spec has a Jammin also and is faster with it than his shiny new M-spec. Again, this is probably setup and his experience with the older Jammin. That's all I can say on the buggy subject. Hope you find your answer!
Old 10-19-2010, 05:54 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

there is a thread on here like this every day!! LOSI!!!!! looks like this thread is done!!!
Old 10-19-2010, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Cant go wrong with a MBX6, AE or a 2.0.. IMO odonnell can't quite figure out their ass from a hole in the ground yet. Losi and Mugen are whats run the most by me.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Do-Over
Well... I think people are avoiding it because it's been debated so many times and nobody really gives a straight answer, they just tell you what they run is the best. I run truggy but all my friends run buggies. We have an AE, Losi, Mugen, and a couple Jammin's in our group. I've drove the Losi and the AE and liked the AE better but that could have been setup. The Losi was quick and nimble but seemed a little twitchy for my taste. My buddy who has the Mugen M-spec likes it pretty well but he's having a hard time dialing in the front end. The Jammin's are heavier but seem very forgiving to drive. In fact, the guy with the M-spec has a Jammin also and is faster with it than his shiny new M-spec. Again, this is probably setup and his experience with the older Jammin. That's all I can say on the buggy subject. Hope you find your answer!
Thank you for your reply.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by inferno13
there is a thread on here like this every day!! LOSI!!!!! looks like this thread is done!!!
Should i just get the 2.0 raceroller to match my truggy.I was looking at the losi 8ight 2.0,mugen mbx6 m-spec,or the kyosho mp9(basic version)But i'm too confused and might want to try a different brand.Does anyone have good luck with the kyosho mp9 se edition.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kman16jr
Should i just get the 2.0 raceroller to match my truggy.I was looking at the losi 8ight 2.0,mugen mbx6 m-spec,or the kyosho mp9(basic version)But i'm too confused and might want to try a different brand.Does anyone have good luck with the kyosho mp9 se edition.
If you already have the Losi truggy then you definitely want the same brand of buggy as most of the parts will be interchangeable and it will make your life a LOT easier. I think you should always run the same brand if your run both classes unless your super rich and can stock up plenty of parts for both.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I would go with the agama, odonnell, mugen, losi, hot bodies, tamiya, xray, jammin, caster, associated buggy.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Do-Over
If you already have the Losi truggy then you definitely want the same brand of buggy as most of the parts will be interchangeable and it will make your life a LOT easier. I think you should always run the same brand if your run both classes unless your super rich and can stock up plenty of parts for both.
LoL,not rich but if you look at my signature you might think so.The losi will need some hop-ups before it touches the track like the rear hubs in aluminum as the rear hubs and bearings quite fast,and the steering gets a little sloppy but that is all right.The d8 might be a thought too.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by brandundecided
I would go with the agama, odonnell, mugen, losi, hot bodies, tamiya, xray, jammin, caster, associated buggy.
Now out of that list,which ones better?I'm probably gonna get the losi.I can get the raceroller for 550 brand new so i'm not worried about the stormer or amainhobbies price.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Tech Initiate

i dont have the basic mp9 but have the original model. i love the car, handles great has no issues. I have recently driven the mp9, mugen mbx6 and the jammin. All great cars, the jammin is a tank, nearly indistructable. the mbx6 and the mp9 both have novarossi 367 engines and lap times were within half a second of each other. the kyosho was faster through the tight and twisty corners, were the mugen would take the big air jumps better. ive seen most of the different models on the track and all of them run great with the right setups and driver.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by terribleswiss
i dont have the basic mp9 but have the original model. i love the car, handles great has no issues. I have recently driven the mp9, mugen mbx6 and the jammin. All great cars, the jammin is a tank, nearly indistructable. the mbx6 and the mp9 both have novarossi 367 engines and lap times were within half a second of each other. the kyosho was faster through the tight and twisty corners, were the mugen would take the big air jumps better. ive seen most of the different models on the track and all of them run great with the right setups and driver.
How did the jammin handle on the track?Is the weight difference big between the jammin from the mp9 or mbx6?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.