Search
Like Tree49Likes

IGNITE DESIGN RC

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2024, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default If only...

Wouldn't it be super nice if there were some modernish tires for ST? like proline blockades and some proper blade type front tires? Might really allow these trucks to take off...

petersen114 likes this.
Old 01-18-2024, 06:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Try Panther tires.
Old 01-25-2024, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Brian R
I remember those days.I raced in So Cal at a place called The Ranch pit shop.My Mom bought me a brand new Rc10gt kit and a os .12 czr and the story began.Been racing ever since and I’m 43 now.I even had skateboard legend and Gil Losi Jrs brother Alan Losi build me a new czr for polishing out his boat trailer.I still have my original Rc10gt and I’m thinking about pulling the trigger on the T6.2 conversion.Too damn cool 😎

😎
I still got my first 93 GT black pan (fully restored), and a couple of others lol. Some things ya' just can't part with.
Old 01-28-2024, 03:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by foampervert
Wouldn't it be super nice if there were some modernish tires for ST? like proline blockades and some proper blade type front tires? Might really allow these trucks to take off...
When I was racing stadium truck at a 1/10 outdoor dirt track, I asked JConcepts if they are going to make more tires for ST for outdoor dirt tracks.... they said NO... they said clay indoor tires are the future of 1/10 RC...... when I heard that.... I sold my ST.... stadium gas truck will never come back without support from mfg.
Old 02-04-2024, 04:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Phillip F
When I was racing stadium truck at a 1/10 outdoor dirt track, I asked JConcepts if they are going to make more tires for ST for outdoor dirt tracks.... they said NO... they said clay indoor tires are the future of 1/10 RC...... when I heard that.... I sold my ST.... stadium gas truck will never come back without support from mfg.
Manufacturers produce what the customers demand. If enough people run gas truck, the manufacturers will support.
Old 02-05-2024, 07:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Im hopeful for a good turnout at Drake's race by stadium truck. For manufacturers to take notice, there need to be very strong turnouts at tracks when it is offered. Getting barely a heat together wont get it done.
petersen114 likes this.
Old 02-05-2024, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
Im hopeful for a good turnout at Drake's race by stadium truck. For manufacturers to take notice, there need to be very strong turnouts at tracks when it is offered. Getting barely a heat together wont get it done.
Seems like the world don't like nitro stadium truck and don't want it back. Don't know why cuz it was a great class.
Old 02-06-2024, 06:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

It's been said before. The tracks outgrew the stadium truck. Can't go back. There's always going to be the backyard tracks and having fun with these trucks. I still haven't pulled the trigger on one of these kits yet. I have a t6.4 nib maybe when they release the ignite t6.4 kit I'll build it up.
​​​
Old 02-06-2024, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Panther tires still make outdoor tires.
Old 02-06-2024, 08:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 76jimmy
It's been said before. The tracks outgrew the stadium truck. Can't go back. There's always going to be the backyard tracks and having fun with these trucks. I still haven't pulled the trigger on one of these kits yet. I have a t6.4 nib maybe when they release the ignite t6.4 kit I'll build it up.
​​​
This is so true.

For stadium trucks to be added back in, track designers would have to reduce the size of tracks or reduce the jump sizes and add in cutouts for the 10th scales, mitigating one of the underrated aspects of 8th scale racing...the airtime.
Old 02-07-2024, 05:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
This is so true.

For stadium trucks to be added back in, track designers would have to reduce the size of tracks or reduce the jump sizes and add in cutouts for the 10th scales, mitigating one of the underrated aspects of 8th scale racing...the airtime.
I’ve never designed a track but is it really that difficult? As you said, cutouts can reduce track size, and the jumps can be spaced like double-single for 1/10 and it would be a triple for 1/8, or double-double for 1/10 and quad for the 1/8 and such?
Old 02-07-2024, 06:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Gas truck

Originally Posted by HaulinBass
Whats really silly is unless ae/ttr or losi/horizon sold the molds they would even have most of whats needed besides chassis and topshaft with minor retooling to fit the more modern front and rear ends. Id love to run gas truck truck again but its gotta be much cheaper than 1/8th or whats the point. Part of what killed the class was $250 motors and quick change rear tires. When the engines were 100 and a set of tires would last a weekend is when the class was the biggest because it was the cheapest way to race offroad and stand a chance to be competative . Once that changed the class died, MT racing was the final nail in the coffin.
yes they are pushing the 350-500 buck .12 engines that belong no where in a 2wd truck !! 1/8th scale killed the gas truck class slidecarb rear exhaust engines just made two much hp I ran rotary carb side exhaust and was pulling the wheels when I wanted to
Old 02-07-2024, 06:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hairymuffin
Panther tires still make outdoor tires.
wow are they still around? I ran for them in the early 2000’s
Old 02-07-2024, 06:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JGSpeed
I’ve never designed a track but is it really that difficult? As you said, cutouts can reduce track size, and the jumps can be spaced like double-single for 1/10 and it would be a triple for 1/8, or double-double for 1/10 and quad for the 1/8 and such?
there’s just no money for them in gas truck ever since 1/8th scale became the money maker it isn’t easy to make a track that can run both scales buggies tear up the track quickly almost making them un usable for gas truck
Old 02-10-2024, 04:33 AM
Tech Initiate

I live near HRCR , where the Gas Truck Nats will be this summer... we still have a decent group of folks around that race 1/10 outdoors, and a handful of gas trucks race with 2wd Mod Truck at club races... there is a LOT of talk around this summer's 1/10 race and I have a feeling there will be more than last year showing up at the club races when spring hits...
I really hope some people from out of town come, and put me into the B or C main for GT class at this event!
In the meantime, I have 2 of the silver 1 piece Ignite Pipes and one of the black ones....the black header leaks at the weld seam.... anyone know where to get a header or two for this kind of application? I've got some clutch work to do soon as well, but want to test some exhaust pipes once weather permits, and I really want to find a header that doesn't leak ....
cheers , hope to see some of you folks at HRCR in July

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.