Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tiltyard 2015

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 05:32 AM
Tech Elite

Default Tiltyard 2015

Happy Holidays dudes. 2015 we will be back to do it all over again. This will be the 25th year of racing. Thanks for the support over the last 25 years.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Best of luck this year. When I make my trips back East, I'll make sure they coincide with at least one of your races!
Old 01-30-2015, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

Here are the races this year.
May 9 is the opener. It may be early, but we will try
June 13 ROAR Race
August 8-9 Tilted worlds
September 5 Closer

Last edited by Homer Allman; 01-30-2015 at 04:47 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Crap. I really wanted to come down to the Tiltyard Worlds this year, but that's the same weekend as the ROAR PA state championship. Decisions, decisions...
Old 01-30-2015, 07:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hope Jack and I make it down again this year!

(I used to know a guy with the handle Bortzilla)
Old 01-30-2015, 08:31 AM
Tech Regular

i never got the chance to race out there when i was racing back in the day but now i'm getting back in i'm checking it out for sure. Are these dates the only race days or just the opener/closing and major events?
Old 01-30-2015, 04:05 PM
Tech Adept

ed and I will be there . let me know. if you need help one weekend
Old 01-30-2015, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

There are just too many big races. Hell I think one track is trying to pull off 7 in one year. These four races are the only races this year, so you need to get some while you can. :-)
Old 01-30-2015, 04:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Homer Allman
There are just too many big races. Hell I think one track is trying to pull off 7 in one year. These four races are the only races this year, so you need to get some while you can. :-)
I'm gonna hit up as many as I can.
Old 01-30-2015, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

I changed up the date for the Tilted Worlds. I didn't know about the PA state race.

June 13 ROAR Race
August 8-9 Tilted worlds
September 5 Closer
Old 01-31-2015, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Cant wait till May. Lets race in the snow
Old 02-03-2015, 06:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I changed up the date for the Tilted Worlds. I didn't know about the PA state race.

June 13 ROAR Race
August 8-9 Tilted worlds
September 5 Closer
Old 02-03-2015, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

June 13 ROAR Race
August 8-9 Tilted worlds
September 5 Closer

all dates added ...can't wait
know a lot of new guys going this year ....can't wait to get tilted
Old 03-09-2015, 12:55 PM
Tech Rookie

We’ll its almost time for the outdoor season again. Really hoping we are headed for even a better season than we had last year. Like always the 1\8 electric racers will take the short coming on the track even though we pay the exact same amount as the 1\8 nitro drivers. Seems like when it comes to the mains the electric guys and gals get shorted on track time even though double A’s and triple A’s are always a possibility. I know we have the choice to run nitro, but we choose not to, just as some of the nitro people choose not to run electric.

I have thought of some of the cures for the problem but I already know they won’t please everyone and probably upset some of the track owners and other drivers. I guess you can please some of the people some of the time, but not all the people all the time.

Track owners, run two qualifiers instead of three and add double or triple A’s for the electric classes. We will still get the same run time as if you had run 3 rounds and mains. Two qualifiers and a main for the nitro (20 minute main) = 30. Most qualifiers are 5 minutes and mains for electric are 10 minutes. Nitro = 2 X 5 min qualifiers + 20 min Main = 30 minutes. Electric = 2 X 5 min qualifiers + 2 X 10 min mains = 30 minutes. This looks much better to me and should make the program work much smoother. If the nitro mains are going to be 30 minutes then add a main to the 1\8 electric classes. This gives everyone the same time on the track.

The track owners could lower the price for the electric classes. Like $5.00 less per class to make up for less track time or charge the nitro $5.00 more for the added track time.

The next would take a little work with the RC Pro program but I know it can be done. It was showed to me by one of the track owners. Have the electric buggy marshal for the electric truggy and the electric truggy marshal for the electric buggy. This would also work for the nitro classes for the mains. This will end the complaint that the electric has to marshal the longer mains for the nitro. This is a constant complaint I have heard over and over by many people.

I am posting this on multiple RC Tech track pages. I hope it doesn’t cause too many problems, just trying to make things fair for everyone.
Old 03-09-2015, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

You get your moneys worth at the Tiltyard. Homer runs a program at the worlds that gives the racers more track time than any other race on the planet. Electric or Nitro gets tons of time at the Tiltyard Worlds. If I remember correctly it was:
4 ten minute qualifiers
3 ten minute A-Mains for electric
1 hour long A-Mains for nitro
24 hours of practice
and the grill starts as soon as we arrive.

Hell, I'd go there just to hang with Homer, Lisa, and all the racers. I've never left the Tiltyard feeling short-changed as an Electric only racer. I always feel like I did not give Homer enough money.

That being said, "LIVE AT THE YARD"... so soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.