Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mini LST or 18t

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 10:27 PM
Tech Adept

Default Mini LST or 18t

I currently have an 18t that I've had for a little over a year now. Love that little car. I recently got a Mamba 8000 system and it is starting to break more periofically. I was going to get some serious aluminum, chassis rollcage, etc. But before I put more money into this thing, I want to know there isn't something better. I love the look of the mLST's, and how they are bigger than 18t's. I race my 18t at my track in my backyard but it is mostly for indoor and outdoor bashing. I was wondering what you guys thought would be better? I know the mLST has diff and steering problems, but that can be tweaked. What do you think?
Old 07-19-2006, 11:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If you are running the Mamba 8000 on your RC18T, may I make a few recommendations?

MIP CVD's
MIP Outdrives
Lundsford Titanium TB/ball studs
RC solutions roll cage

I use these upgrades with stock chassis parts, a Dynamite C4-9200kv motor and a 3 cell lipo. At 60+ mph - it has held up nicely!

I do not own a Mini LST, so I cannot comment about it.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:02 AM
Tech Adept

yeah I will be upgrading all of that plus the chassis, bumper, bulkhead, etc. I have broke my chassis twice on my 18t, at the same place actually between the rear spur gear cover and motor mount, cracked that and allowed the rear arm to squeeze out of the bulkhead, landed upside down on a rock from about a 30 foot jump, didnt like it.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

I own the MLST and it is a very tough truck. I have yet to break a single part and I have been bashing it pretty good for about 3 months now. I am not saying that it wont brake if you land it upside down from a 30 ft jump, but I love this truck and it has been very good to me.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

If you land upside down from a 30' jump with a blinged-out alum 18t, you will simply ruin more expensive parts. Keep the alum to a minimum.
MLST is pretty nice but not nearly as durable as the 18t. Performance is WAY slower too! After all, it is a mini Monster. By deffinition, Monster trucks are low-performance specialty machines. Compairing the two is difficult (apples & oranges you know).
My recomendation would be to keep the stock plastic parts & replace them when necessary. The RC18t is the 2nd most durable rc vehicle I have run across in 20 years of racing & ten years of running a store/track (Xray m18 is #1).
Old 08-29-2006, 08:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Lol just bought one ran for 3 min and broke a control arm on the lst
Old 08-30-2006, 08:38 AM
Tech Rookie

I have had both trucks. and the M-lst for me is th ebetter truck.
if you do the mini-t ball diff mod the m-lst is very strong fast, fun and able.
but with the mamba 8kv set up you will break just about any 18th scale car.
Old 09-09-2006, 05:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Tires for mini lst and RC18MT

Hello guys, are the rims and tires of mini lst and RC18mt interchangeable? hope to know before i buy any to save cost. thanks
Old 09-09-2006, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Im the Same. I have both a MLST and a 18T and I love the LST way more than the 18T. I have done quite a bit of mods to my mLST to make it strong, and now it is awsome. I have put 3racing ball diffs in both the front and the rear and shimmed the diffs for no slop, I have replace the center diff with a MIP ball diff, I have replace the dog bones with 3racing CVD's (these are awsome quality CVD's), I have put in a Mamba 6800 system, and replace the radio system with a 75FM system. The next for my is either trying to get a normal 1/8 servo in there, or replace the 2 stock ones with Airtronics 94091z sevros. I have a dynamite 9200kv motor and Mamba 25 ESC in my 18T and all it is good for is high speed runs.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:05 AM
Tech Rookie

quicksilver the rims are not interchangable.
the losi rims use a losi hex system.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quicksilver...you can use the Mini LST rims and tires on the 18T if you use the Losi adapter - part #: LOSB0944.

enjoy.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:02 PM
Tech Addict

i have the MLST and just purchased some new parts: MIP front & rear ball diffs, Losi ctr ball diff, cvd's all round and threaded shocks. but i cant find any upgrade parts for the diff pinions, where can i get them?

also, whats the best setup for the diffs? tighten all 3 but loosen the slipper? or loosen the ctr diff also?