Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 12:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ngo8
you are right the break alot easyer than the older ones ive broken 3 rear arms and the hingpins on the hub all on the left side and i am going to try the old arms to see if the car is more stable with them but i am not sure .
If you drive indoor with a high grip track i would try the old suspension arms
but if you drive on a low grip track then use the new ones!!!
On asphalt i always use the new types because they give more steering
but that,s my oppinion
Old 02-08-2009, 03:33 AM
Tech Regular

hey guys
this has probobly been answerd before im not sure
im goin pro stock which is 13.5 brushless(im buyin novak) on asphalt and the track is really turny. so if anyone knows wat the best FDR i shud use and wat spur and pinion.

thankz heaps
Old 02-08-2009, 09:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by deanomgwhiteguy
hey guys
this has probobly been answerd before im not sure
im goin pro stock which is 13.5 brushless(im buyin novak) on asphalt and the track is really turny. so if anyone knows wat the best FDR i shud use and wat spur and pinion.

thankz heaps
4.7-5.0 if the track is tight.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ngo8
you are right the break alot easyer than the older ones ive broken 3 rear arms and the hingpins on the hub all on the left side and i am going to try the old arms to see if the car is more stable with them but i am not sure .
old ver. suspension arm have stronger than new one !
but new ver. more fit !
Old 02-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Tech Adept

for some reason I can not find the part number for the 2 degree and 6 degree C hubs for my cyclone? I need to get these number so my lohs can start carrying parts for my car and he places his order today suggestions of minor parts woud be nice aalso I already have alot of the basics. Also what other [arts woulld work for the worlds edition. I have heard Tamiya ans some X-ray will work but what parts?
Old 02-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tulsa TC3
for some reason I can not find the part number for the 2 degree and 6 degree C hubs for my cyclone? I need to get these number so my lohs can start carrying parts for my car and he places his order today suggestions of minor parts woud be nice aalso I already have alot of the basics. Also what other [arts woulld work for the worlds edition. I have heard Tamiya ans some X-ray will work but what parts?

They are the same parts from a pro 4, so they kept the hpi part nyumber for them.

2 deg caster blocks are 73517, and 6 deg is 73519.

Steering knuckles... I know the xray t2 series steering knuckles fit and actually have a longer arm to them. You just have to run the forward hole on the steering knuckle to get the same geometry as the stock steering knuckles.

-Korey
Old 02-08-2009, 12:16 PM
Tech Adept

what are the letters in front of them do you know
Old 02-08-2009, 12:23 PM
Tech Adept

how much of a difference are between left and right C-hub? could you use a right on the left?
Old 02-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Tulsa TC3
how much of a difference are between left and right C-hub? could you use a right on the left?
Never swap them left to right. Put the one that has the R on it, on the right hand side of the car (when looking at it from the back). L goes on the left.

If you mix them back and forth you will get negative caster, which will REALLY screw up the car the car handles. So just make sure you put them on the correct sides and you'll be good

-Korey
Old 02-08-2009, 01:08 PM
Tech Adept

Thats what i figured, thought it might work in a pinch. I just talked my hobby shop owner and i going to stock the parts for me and I am the oly one that runs a cyclone everyone else runs X-ray but in my opinion the cyclone is an X-ray killer well atleast in my class I run stock but with 13.5

so are you a factory driver?
Old 02-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Tech Champion

Yup, all my sponsors are listed in my signiture. Thats why I'm on here to help you guys out so often .
Old 02-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Tech Adept

Thats awesome, we all appreciate your help. My questions are kind of confusing sometimes I hate haveing to try to explain over the internet and know one else int oklahoma that I know of runs a cyclone they are all x tamiya or schumacher.

My car last night ran great for the first to qualifiers great then in the third it was ok. we ran practice before the mains and thought I would change somethings then all I did was snap spin and pulled after only 8 laps. I HATE PULLING IN THE MAINS
Old 02-09-2009, 09:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

nevermind.. answered already.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Yup, all my sponsors are listed in my signiture. Thats why I'm on here to help you guys out so often .
Will HB or HPI address the issue of the fragile arms on the TC?? Maybe use a different material.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Dannybcaitlyn - I spoke to Andy today about the steering knuckles and A-arms, and it doesn't appear that anything is going to change. I wish I had better news. Many people using the TC have had to switch to aluminum steering knuckles at our local track. Some have started using the Pro4 A-arms. It doesn't appear to be a problem when running outdoors, but indoor with rubber tire on carpet is where many are seeing the problem. Most of the arms people have showed me are breaking right in front of where the bottom of the shock is screwed into the A-arm. Is this where the arm is breaking on yours?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.