Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree94Likes

Classic 1/12th

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 05:17 PM
Tech Champion

I found a few of the Tamiya Porsche 956 sticker sets on ebay. That set has I think 4 different schemes in it. Canon, Newman, Rothmans, and Seiki...might be another in there that I am not remembering.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

D-Drive decals are cool, but pricey. They wouldn't do much for any of the new bodies.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I know the D-Drive decals are expensive but there is three sets in the sheet he posted. But they are a little large for 1/12. You can get some nice 1/12 scale water slide decals for model maker, but the are price the same.
What is thgis talk about new bodies anyway? This is the classic thread.
The GTP body works fairly good with the older chassis cars. And can look like just about any of the "C" cars if decaled correctlly.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shangrila
Yes, and that's a big part why these old cars are so special -
they look goooooooooooooood

That was a nice shell.

Bakaguyjean - was yours the red or the blue car back in your video on the first pages? It's cool to watch 2 cars playing together like on your video. Always gives me a smile. Wish I could do that more locally with a buddy!
Mine is the blue car in the video,its all stock PLazma MKII.
Just a sde note for Plazma`s
There are three gear boxes. ON is cast pot metal,one is cast magnizum and one is milled alloy. The milled one is easy to spot.Your hase the milled one of course. BUt the other two are different the cast one is heavy,The cast magnizum is light and the plating is usally flaking off. Thats about the easyiest way to tell which one you have.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:39 PM
PMK
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Giorgio

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That Red Porsche... I was made in love for that body... I wish I could find one virgin for my collection...

Was made by Parma, if I remember well....
Yes made by Parma, we sure ran those a lot.

As for new, a couple years ago, I sold some new in original package Porsche bodies, I was amazed at how high folks bid on those.

PK
Old 08-15-2011, 07:49 PM
PMK
Tech Apprentice

This is a new and never run Parma Porsche. I painted this for a Concourses at one of the big races. Ultimately, it spent many years on a shelf in our wall unit of our home on display. Kind of a memory to the years my wife and I raced.

I know the car is 1/12, and the decals are 1/8 Serpent. I wanted a car, and most of my later cars were day glo lower with a solid upper. This one is Bright White with Day Glo Orange, the Serpent Decals were a dead ringer to carry the theme. Looking at the driver tonight, I would say it is a Tamiya 956 driver, good detail and a plastic helmet that is two parts screwed together.

FWIW, it sits on top of a Delta P12 roller, mostly with improperly drilled parts (not race worthy).

I agree 100% that the new bodies while sleek and fast, lack reality to real cars. Oh well, time moves forward.

Enjoy
PK
Attached Thumbnails Classic 1/12th-img_1787-copy.jpg   Classic 1/12th-img_1789-copy.jpg   Classic 1/12th-img_1786-copy.jpg  
Old 08-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean
Mine is the blue car in the video,its all stock PLazma MKII.
Just a sde note for Plazma`s
There are three gear boxes. ON is cast pot metal,one is cast magnizum and one is milled alloy. The milled one is easy to spot.Your hase the milled one of course. BUt the other two are different the cast one is heavy,The cast magnizum is light and the plating is usally flaking off. Thats about the easyiest way to tell which one you have.
Gear boxes?

Had to think about that for a bit. I think you mean motor pod.

Not sure about magnesium but the cast pieces doesn't feel like cheap pot metal either. BTW the milled pieces are only the side plates. The back plate is still the standard cast piece. I've never seen a milled piece for the center back plate.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by PMK
This is a new and never run Parma Porsche. ....PK
Grrrrr......Envy.....
Old 08-16-2011, 12:23 AM
Tech Master

Don't remember a Parma Porsche, I certainly ran a lot of Parma Osellas though, and the Parma Nissan was a big favorite of mine. I did run several Bolink Porsche 962 bodies.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:56 AM
Suspended

Go to google and take JERRYN KUVAT there you will find RC AUTO KUVAT and there is folder named 1.12 PAN CARS.
Jerzi
Old 08-16-2011, 05:37 AM
PMK
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by LonnyJ1950
Don't remember a Parma Porsche, I certainly ran a lot of Parma Osellas though, and the Parma Nissan was a big favorite of mine. I did run several Bolink Porsche 962 bodies.
Pretty busy doing other projects, but when I get some time, I can scan the old catalogs and post them. Pretty certain I have the Parma, MRP, Bolink body photos.

I'll take a look for the Delta speed control, (this thing is huge in size by todays standards, and somewhere I should have a never run Delta IFS setup. Who knows what else.

I believe there is a 12e kicking around also, has the optional top deck from AE. That car has entertained many young drivers, and the parents return it after the kids grow out of it.

PK
Old 08-16-2011, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Remeber the BBR bodies for GTP, they had some very nice details. Also the Probe done up in the 7-11 paint and decals, looked just like the real cars.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

I don't doubt that Parma made a 962, I just don't remember it. It happens more and more often lately. I do remember the Probe; had a buddy who ran it all the time, he loved that body.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Gear boxes?

Had to think about that for a bit. I think you mean motor pod.

Not sure about magnesium but the cast pieces doesn't feel like cheap pot metal either. BTW the milled pieces are only the side plates. The back plate is still the standard cast piece. I've never seen a milled piece for the center back plate.
You are right about the milled parts ,it is only the sides. I have all three and the Magnesium is about a third of the weight of the cast alloy piece. I shouldn`t really call it pot metal I guess,but it not that far from it.
The milled pieces showed up in 1984 on the team MK2 cars but didnt make it to production untill the Plazma MK3 Limited.
I know there are other option parts out there for Plazmas,but the only ones I really know for sure from Kyosho are the short top deck and Magnesium Pod/gearbox. There is a short top deck on Ebay now.It doesn`t wrap all the way around the speed control servo like the kits pieces. It was for the Mark 1 Plazma so you could get rid of the long top deck and servo saver. Using a directly mounted steering servo.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by LonnyJ1950
Windtunnel has the Bolink 962,its priced nicely also. $10

Link
http://www.windtunnelracingproducts....roducts_id=140

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.