Wiki Posts
Search

Rustler XL-5 Question for beginner

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 10:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Rustler XL-5 Question for beginner

Hey im new to the forums, so hello everyone! haha
I have a stock xl-5, and was thinking before upgrading to the brushless system (which plan on it, but i just bought this rc car 3 days ago) in order to increase some performance, would going from the stock 7 cell 3000 mah battery which i am currently running, to a Vennom 7 cell 5000 mah battery increase my overall top speed? or possibly run time?

the vennom battery is 8.4V 5000mAh NiMh 7-Cell Flat Battery to be exact

I know that might be a "noob" question, but I would appreciate any replys or any other helpful information to gain some performance BEFORE i completly upgrade to the brushless system. Im not sure if 8 cell's are to much, and or any style of lipo batterys would be a good fit.

Thanks! and I look forward to learning about, as well as upgrading my car in the future!
Old 03-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rustler_Hustler
Hey im new to the forums, so hello everyone! haha
I have a stock xl-5, and was thinking before upgrading to the brushless system (which plan on it, but i just bought this rc car 3 days ago) in order to increase some performance, would going from the stock 7 cell 3000 mah battery which i am currently running, to a Vennom 7 cell 5000 mah battery increase my overall top speed? or possibly run time?

the vennom battery is 8.4V 5000mAh NiMh 7-Cell Flat Battery to be exact

I know that might be a "noob" question, but I would appreciate any replys or any other helpful information to gain some performance BEFORE i completly upgrade to the brushless system. Im not sure if 8 cell's are to much, and or any style of lipo batterys would be a good fit.

Thanks! and I look forward to learning about, as well as upgrading my car in the future!
Hey, welcome to RC Tech....

Upgrading from the stock 3000mah battery to a Venom 5000mah battery will make a difference in both speed and run time.

Usually, it will not make a difference in speed but the 5000mah battery will definately push more to the truck to support more speed. It may not be a huge difference but you will notice it a bit.

The biggest difference will be the run time of course. Now, going from 3000 to 5000 will not exactly double the run time, but you will gain quite a bit of fun and it is worth the upgrade.

Hope this helps.

Jeff