Wiki Posts
Search

Speedmerchant Rev.4

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 02:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Speedmerchant Rev.4

Hi,
Does anyone know if the Speedmerchant Rev.4 is offered as a kit, or do you have to buy a Rev.3 and upgrade? There is no Rev.4 kit info on the speedmerchant website, only an upgrade, and things seem a bit out of date. Thanks!

James
Old 08-27-2004, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I do not know if the kit is available yet, but I do know that Bruce is planning on offering a complete Rev 4 kit inlcluding instructions....

Try emailing him from the link on his website. Give him a few days to reply, as he does travel and get a lot of emails...
Old 08-27-2004, 07:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I just got an e-mail from Bruce. Here is what he had to say about the Rev4

The Rev.4 full kit should be ready for sale at the end of September. I'm waiting on axles and some of the new graphite. I included the new box cover so you can see the differences. The new kit comes with a killer instruction manual, IRS big ring axle, steering hardware, etc. The car has more front and rear bite than the Rev.3. Probably, the only negative is the fact that we have to tape the batteries in now. Just no way to design it to keep the o-ring. Although I am working on a strap method.

The picture of the Rev4 looks a lot different.
Thanks John Schoenauer

Last edited by John Schoenauer; 06-17-2008 at 06:53 PM.
Old 08-28-2004, 07:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the reply. Do you know if there is a difference in the car itself if you buy the Rev.4 kit versus upgrading from Rev.3? I don't have a car now was hoping to have one before the end of September. Thanks!

James
Old 08-28-2004, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The differences in the cars are most importantly a new chassis plate and tweak brace as well as a IRS Big Ring Diff (the rev. 3 comes with a 6 ball diff) and steering assembly parts.

You can upgrade a rev. 3 to a rev. 4 however you will need the rev. 4 upgrade kit (which is currently available from speedmerchant or whoever sells speedmerchant) you can upgrade with a big ring diff (they are alot smoother and stay smoother longer) and then the steering assembly parts you can buy seperatly. It is do-able, however it will cost over 100, probably around 125ish to upgrade from what a rev. 3 comes with in the kit to what a rev. 4 comes with in the kit.

Also the rev. 3 really does not have an instruction manual (it has a few pages of typed print) the rev. 4 comes with a 15 page or so instruction manual with pictures and diagrams that spells out each step.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Yankey
Thanks for the reply. Do you know if there is a difference in the car itself if you buy the Rev.4 kit versus upgrading from Rev.3? I don't have a car now was hoping to have one before the end of September. Thanks!

James
stormperson actually outlined the differences perfectly. I would wait for the car, as the improved diff, and instruction manual (YAY!!), will make your life easier when building and racing the kit.

I also wanna give McMoney props on the box art!!
Old 08-31-2004, 10:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ian-have you been running your Rev3 at Ultra this summer? Looking for a med. bite carpet set-up.

Ray
Old 08-31-2004, 10:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Oh-also the hobbyshop at our local track has some Rev3 kits and Rev.4 conversions on the wall. You can e-mail Jim at [email protected] if your interested.

He might make you a good deal.

Ray
Old 08-31-2004, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rayhuang
Ian-have you been running your Rev3 at Ultra this summer? Looking for a med. bite carpet set-up.

Ray
I haven't run carpet since the Nats. But as for a med. bite set up, try:
.020 front springs, 2 deg. caster, camber set so fronts wear flat (as always), Purple or Tan TRC fronts.

Orange side springs, med. Hydra in tubes, red center shock spring, 60 or 70 weight oil, low rollcenter cones, Granite or Grey TRC tires.

In place of the aforementioned tire combo, I can also wholeheartedly endorse CRC white rears, with double pink/orange fronts.

Oughta be pretty close.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Does anyone know if the Rev. 4 is currently available to purchase? The Speedmerchant site doesn't have anything, nor does hobbyetc (the only retailer I know of who sells speedmerchant products). I'm seeing a lot of people pop up on the forums with the Rev. 4 and I'm wondering if they're all team drivers, of if they actually know where to get one.

Thanks
Old 10-20-2004, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

There was a conversion kit out over the summer, but right now I think he is waiting for some parts and then he will have another batch of conversion kits for both the 3 and eventually t-bar cars, and also the full kit.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Any word on when the full kit will be released?
Old 10-25-2004, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Sweet Car.
Old 10-26-2004, 03:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

All I know is the support from Speedmerchant is not the best so in regards I am staying away from another Speedmechant purchase. Just my $.02.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:31 PM
Tech Regular

429racer- the companys owner and car designer attends every major carpet race and offers set up help and support to anyone who asks for assistance. That seems like good support to me.

Its also the best 1/12 on carpet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.