Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2001, 05:11 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Civic:

It looks like everyone is changing to XXXS...

Me to!!!!

Just haven't started in on it yet. Are you gonna race it this weekend?
Old 11-08-2001, 05:41 PM
Suspended

Uh Oh ????

Originally posted by Speedo

Do you have permission from X-Treme to put that on the web? If not, please refrain from posting about it here.

Thank You,
Speedo

Is there some law against this practice??
I see it happening everywhere on the web...

Oh and just for the "record" I will Keep my TC3 for now as I am not very happy with the "durability" issues with this car..
I have raced the xxx-s in two races and have not been suitably impressed with losi's latest sedan this car is like comparing my old TL01 with my TC3, GO Associated!!! YEAH!!

Last edited by Jamracing 1; 11-08-2001 at 05:47 PM.
Old 11-08-2001, 05:46 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: Uh Oh ????

Originally posted by Jamracing 1
Is there some law against this practice??
I see it happening everywhere on the web...
Jam - We would rather not have material posted that is borderline, or against copywite laws. That is why Speedo asked him to refrain from posting it on here.

Thanks,
Old 11-08-2001, 05:53 PM
Suspended

Smile Re: Re: Uh Oh ????

Originally posted by TSR6

Jam - We would rather not have material posted that is borderline, or against copywite laws. That is why Speedo asked him to refrain from posting it on here.

Thanks,
Oh I didn't know that the B/B owner could be held liable for someone's posting or other practices, sorry and Thanks.
Old 11-08-2001, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

Our CNC Machined aluminum parts for the Losi XXX-S are now available. The first batch of parts are the following:

ST1230-2R Front Main Pivot Block (2R)
ST1230-4R Front Main Pivot Block (4R)
ST1230C Front Main Pivot Block combo
ST2230-2R Rear Main Pivot Block (2R)
ST2230-4R Rear Main Pivot Block (4R)
ST2230C Rear Main Pivot Block combo
STXXXSF 3.0mm Graphite Shock Tower (front)
STXXXSR 3.0mm Graphite Shock Tower (rear)

Also pictures of our project car is available on the website as well The following parts are coming end of the month:

ST2230-91 rear inner mounts (with low roll center adjustments)
ST1230-59 front inner pivot mount (with low roll center adjustment)
ST1540 precision machined aluminum steering bellcrank

Visit our website or click on the following link to go directly to the Losi page:

http://www.sslorder.com/speedtechrc/124.html

Thanks guys!

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com

Steve here's a suggestion. You should drill and tap a hole in each of the aluminum hingepin mounts so a setscrew can be used to lock the pin in place. This prevents the hingepin from rotating in the the aluminum pieces and enlarging the holes. The nylon arms should be the only thing rotating/rubbing on the pins.
Old 11-08-2001, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Good suggestion however....

The prototype parts have not shown wear from hinge-pin movement.
Old 11-08-2001, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Mark was I talking to you? I was talking to Steve. lol JUST KIDDING!

Run the prototype car longer and in dusty areas. You will find the arms will rock more and more as the holes turn oval. Just trying to prevent people from saying down the road, "I paid XXX for this aluminum and now I got all this slop in my suspension."

With that said, it's just a suggestion.
Old 11-08-2001, 10:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Funny guy.
Old 11-09-2001, 12:15 AM
Tech Champion

Proudwinner,

Thank you for your compliments. We decided to stay away from the blue, red, and purple colors out there, and just stay with clear anodized straight silver. And since the XXX-S is mostly black, I personally think it sets off the silver quite nicely

Sydewynder,

Thank you for the suggestion . However, I think the movement in the hinge pin blocks and mounts are very minimal because of the angle they are in, and the way the blocks are mounted. Like Mark said, he has yet to see wear on his, and Mark's been testing the prototype for a good 2 months (almost 3) now (and this guy races a lot!!)

Thanks

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
Old 11-09-2001, 03:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Speedo

Do you have permission from X-Treme to put that on the web? If not, please refrain from posting about it here.

Thank You,
Speedo
Speedo,

I've modified my post. Sorry. However, you might want to modify your's since you included mine as a quote.

Thanks,
Nitrorcfan
Old 11-09-2001, 06:33 AM
Tech Adept

Default CIVIC91

Yes, if you increase the tightness of the front diff in comparison to the rear diff, it will decrease your corner entrance steering some and also will give slightly more steering on power. You can also trying either leaning your rear shocks in on the tower or bringing your front shocks out a bit farther.
Old 11-09-2001, 07:34 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

I tried laying the rear shocks down last night, it really helps get the car rotating. My main issues at last nights races were gearing the P2k2 and my skills (or lack thereof).

CIVIC: I had much the same problem on the stock setup. Give Paul Lemieux's setup at try it helped my car tremendously.

Last edited by LooseCannon; 11-09-2001 at 07:36 AM.
Old 11-09-2001, 07:47 AM
Tech Adept

Default Raw Speed - TC3 is faster..discuss

I've done some testing between the TC3 and the Losi XXXS. Prior to doing this test. I made the XXXS roll as free as possible. I took my XXXS and removed the pinion from the motor. I then set the car on our 120 foot straight at our track. I pushed it from one end of the track and the Losi coasted all the way to the other end until it was stopped by the end barrier. I thought to myself, If a car rolls like that, it should be of equal speed and punch of the TC3 at least. The belt is pretty loose but I did not modify the tensioner at all to make it any looser. I installed all the graphite pieces available and a few of the MF upgrades as well. The entire car (with the exception of just a few) has aluminum screws also. So the only difference between the cars were that the Losi had a brand new Novack TC2 Cyclone in it and the TC3 had the LRP Quantum. And the overall weight was within about 1 ounce of each other with the Losi being slightly heavier.

Running foam tires in stock, I made both cars corner fast and handle well. I used the same motor, identical batteries and the same final rollout on both vehicles for 3 rounds of racing each. The Losi's speed seemed to do well towards the middle and end of our long straight but the inital punch and even mid-speed power seems better in the TC3. On my laptimes when I looked at the average laptimes, the TC3 continued to show about .3 to .4 seconds advantage. And from how the car is driving, the loss of laptimes in this case seems more directly related to loss of motor accelleration than it does the cornering speed.

I think part of this has to do with belt slack. If you set the Losi's belt loose to roll free, I've noticed that upon load, there's quite a bit of tension that has to be taken up from the belt. I think this eats up the motor's efficiency. Eliminating the belt slack seems to make the transmission less free on the workbench but I did not try it in these tests up to this point. These are just my thoughts up to this point and I'm looking for more peoples opinions on this. Remember that I'm trying to exclude handling from this discussion.
Old 11-09-2001, 09:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Speedo and TSR6,

I've spoken to Mike Velez President of Think Omnimedia LLC. He has given me permission to send Todd's Article to those that request it as long as I include their link http://www.rc411.com. If you wish to see the email conversation I will be happy to send it to you.

Thanks for the suggestion of getting permission prior to.

For those of you who want Todd's article that was in Xtreme RC please send email to: [email protected].

Thanks to everyone, especially Mike Velez at Xtreme RC.
Old 11-09-2001, 11:01 AM
RCTech Member #2

nitrorcfan - I thank you for your understanding. If they say it is ok, I have no problem with it.

I'm glad to see you will be able to give the article to those who can't get it from the magazine.

Thanks,

Troy S. - TSR6
[email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.