Search

2010 "IIC" INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS IN LAS VEGAS

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
I wanted to jump off the stand and kick the car to get it moving. But then it became clear that it was all about the other little things that made the big difference, not how good you are with a esc program. Such as a perfectly prepared car, fine tuning a roll out vs motor timing and seeing how it effected fast lap and last lap, choosing the right tires so not to bind the car down, and just plain old fashioned clean driving. I stand in awe watching the mod 12 cars screaming through the course. But it was also just as rewarding to run 8 minutes flawlessly while maximizing everything possible out of very limited power.
This!
Old 09-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
This!
That! Yes, an excellent post. Brian for President!
Old 09-16-2010, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

You guys are reaching.....

I messed up and didn't make the '08 IIC. Wasn't going to make that mistake twice. I left a club race early so that I could be sitting in front of a pc when sign up's opened up for the '09 IIC. I made a point to show my wares at the race and was very proud of DE making mains with my car. The '09 race was a little tainted with the speedo "have's and have not's", but was still an excellent event. Cooler heads prevailed and whallah... we have just witnessed the most excellent IIC race ever. Scotty, if you go out now, you did it with a bang. This year was a bench mark that will likely not be surpassed.

You know what this thread is lacking right now? All the complaining, whining and bickering from someone who didn't have a good time. Well guess what, no one is complaining. Win, loose or draw... we all had a great time. I hope it's not the last, but if you have to sell your soul and live in a van down by the river......

Get Boomer to do it!
Old 09-16-2010, 09:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default 2010 IIC Las Vegas Pictures

I have included pictures from the IIC Vegas race in two albums. One is for the GoPro HD Hero wide angle pictures and the other is for my Nikon D80. Congrats to all who raced. It was an amazing race and a great show run by Scotty and team. Enjoy the pictures!

2010 IIC Las Vegas Wide-angle Pictures
http://picasaweb.google.com/ernest13...eat=directlink

2010 IIC Las Vegas Pictures
http://picasaweb.google.com/ernest13...eat=directlink

Note: All pictures have been embedded with a copyright note by the photographer: Russell Pead. If you have any interest in obtaining originals or have use of my services for your own events, please contact me at [email protected]. I am located in Massachusetts.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Did the WGT racers end up filing off the yellow portion of the foams like we did at A. nats?
Old 09-16-2010, 09:49 PM
Tech Champion

I know Bill's tires were initially. I ran mine without doing that and the car ran just fine
Old 09-16-2010, 11:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Still Bill
This race set a whole new standard for excellence in carpet racing events. It was easily the best of the six IIC's I have attended...and I didn't even trophy this time.

See you next month at TimeZone II Scotty and Mark. Let's continue the streak...

Bill
Wish I could be at this race Bill, but Lori gets a four-day weekend and we are gonna be on the Oregon coast and at Crater Lake. Want to use my team pit space? It's got a great view of the racing. It'll be ready for ya if you want it.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Did the WGT racers end up filing off the yellow portion of the foams like we did at A. nats?
I tried without doing that as well and had no issues.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tpczx6
Boomer anymore Pictures comming our way

Also anyone else have some more Video????

Thanks
I will be working on the rest of my pictures and Video this week, and have them posted on Sunday. Work is getting in the way.

We would like to thank everyone for the kind words. It makes it all worth what we do when no matter how good or bad you do at the race, you still enjoy yourself at the IIC.

Gotta watch out for the internet police here.

Cya Boomer
Old 09-17-2010, 06:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I tried both ways, but they were better with the full tire. (not filling down the yellow)
Old 09-17-2010, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

All of the CRC Team left the yellow intact. Although they were cut down short; 2.04 to 2.0"
Old 09-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

I'm sure it's been aksed already but are there any photo's of the cars anywhere.

RedRC are normally very good but they haven't done any events since the worlds.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
You guys are reaching.....

I messed up and didn't make the '08 IIC. Wasn't going to make that mistake twice. I left a club race early so that I could be sitting in front of a pc when sign up's opened up for the '09 IIC. I made a point to show my wares at the race and was very proud of DE making mains with my car. The '09 race was a little tainted with the speedo "have's and have not's", but was still an excellent event. Cooler heads prevailed and whallah... we have just witnessed the most excellent IIC race ever. Scotty, if you go out now, you did it with a bang. This year was a bench mark that will likely not be surpassed.

You know what this thread is lacking right now? All the complaining, whining and bickering from someone who didn't have a good time. Well guess what, no one is complaining. Win, loose or draw... we all had a great time. I hope it's not the last, but if you have to sell your soul and live in a van down by the river......

Get Boomer to do it!
Brian it took you long enough!!! But CONGRATS brah....sounds like all the stars were aligned that weekend
Old 09-17-2010, 01:28 PM
Tech Regular

Grats to Brian, Mario and team CRC for a nice 1 - 2 in WGT 13.5, here is a little more information on the car Ryan was driving that finished third in this class.

http://www.redrc.net/2010/09/manutec...on/#more-35340

cdee
Old 09-17-2010, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

CRC writeup and info on the new WGT car.

http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...rticle&sid=124

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.