Wiki Posts
Search

CRC's New Clik-Trak Barrier System

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 04:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlamMan
Bending your own square pipes might be the hard part if you can get your own square tubes from another source.

This stuff sure does look nice but it would cost most clubs about $3000 To lay an entire track. Our new club will be running on 60'x120' track which would probably be over 4 grand based on CRC's estimations.

It would cut down on set up and tear down time quite a bit though. How do you guys think this stuff would hold up to parking lot use and 1/10 nitro cars?
If you know any electricians, they may have or have access to a pvc pipe bender. Basically, a small, narrow electric oven
Old 09-13-2007, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I like it!! Now if I can only talk my tracks into getting some of this things would be great. One track uses 2x4's and most hate that for when you hit it your car breaks, but does keep cars in their own lane. The other track uses the Launch Rail system and I hate that because it does not keep cars in the lane they belong in. Nothing like coming full bore down the straight only to be confronted with a car headed right at you trying to get back on the rest of the course due to jumping the rail.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:30 PM
Tech Regular

Yeti - So i figured out how many 10' sections we would have needed to make just the inside of the State Track from last week and We would have needed: 53 - 10' sections.

So it would be $2000+

Like the looks but how would you get it to hold still on asphalt? Sand bags?

Corey
Old 09-13-2007, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RoachRacing
Yeti - So i figured out how many 10' sections we would have needed to make just the inside of the State Track from last week and We would have needed: 53 - 10' sections.

So it would be $2000+

Like the looks but how would you get it to hold still on asphalt? Sand bags?

Corey
Sand bags, or concrete. SIR I believe uses concrete to hold the corners and it works good.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlamMan
This stuff sure does look nice but it would cost most clubs about $3000 To lay an entire track. Our new club will be running on 60'x120' track which would probably be over 4 grand based on CRC's estimations.

Thanks for the nice words on the Clik Trak. Just a couple quick comments;

When figuring out the amount of Clik Trak you need, remember that lane width figures greatly into the amout of borders needed. For a small 36 x 60 indoor track, 6 and 7 foot wide lanes are common, however, on a monster 120 x 60 layout, 6 and 7 foot lanes would be impossible. Obviously, as the track area increases, the lane widths increase as well causing a comparitive decrease in the amount of borders needed. In summary, a track that is twice the size of another does not necessarily use twice the amount of borders.

The Clik Trak has been tested at CRC Raceway for a full year. It works great and from a track owners view, it makes life a LOT easier. We switch back and forth between road and oval, and it is a quick, easy change now. In the past we were cutting and joining boards as well as vacuuming wood chips.

We use Clik Trak inconjuction with the famous Snowbird's Ice for our oval. After the oval, we set up a new road course layout every week for our locals thanks to Clik Traks ease of use.

Remember, the crew here at CRC Raceway is just like you, we are racers that get frustrated if the car is torn up in a crash, frustrated if the body is destroyed in one hit. We are also track owners just like you who dread the day of the week where we have to change the layout from oval to road and back again. Now with this system, it is much easier.

Even though we have had the product in use for a year, we are just beginning to explore the possibilities of the system. Look for new features and improvements such as "Clik" Flappers, dots and different hold-down options.

The key features of the product is the smooth, rounded corners. No more sharp angles and pointed corner boards. And as James pointed out, the square design allows the cars to brush off the wall, rather than getting buried under it.

Yes, it is a bit expensive, and we fought hard on the price. However, when you take into consideration the the time wasted on making track layouts, painting boards, vacuuming wood chips, broken cars, damaged bodies and the grumpy racers associated with other barrier systems, Clik Trak is a good value.

Again, thanks for the constructive chatter here on the forum. We will try to address any questions as they come up.

Frank
Old 09-13-2007, 10:16 PM
Tech Regular

Double post
Old 09-14-2007, 07:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the comments, Frank. Our club here in Colorado just purchased carpet from you and I know the club members are interested in the Clik Trak system since we'll be setting up and tearing down the track every race day. Hopefully that's something we'll be able to raise fund for in the future. I'm looking forward to seeing flappers and dots.

Can you comment how the Clik Trak might hold up to 200mm Nitro cars in a parking lot setting? Our club will likely be hosting a few of these races and it would be nice to use the same system.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

nice looking product Frank...too bad I'm no longer running Bruckner's indoor racing program at the school.

Bump for a great product
Old 09-14-2007, 02:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Frank,

This is a nice looking product. It's good to see someone come up with something new. I agree it's not cheap... but convenience and quality comes at a price. We all want a Cadillac for the price of a Cavalier.

The hold down options... if you can come up with something slick there, that's a big plus. Even our heavy wood tracking with lots of strategic concrete blocks moves around. Maybe there is some slick way to integrate the carpet and hold down system, I dunno.

Interested in seeing what else you come up with for the system.

Mike
Old 09-14-2007, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

We use the same type of click system. I think we use a type of square plastic gutter or something. It's basically the same stuff. I would like to try and heat a portion up and bend it myself before our track owner spends a bunch of money on it. At what temp do you think that stuff gets soft? 150-170F?
Old 09-14-2007, 02:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by sportpak
We use the same type of click system. I think we use a type of square plastic gutter or something. It's basically the same stuff. I would like to try and heat a portion up and bend it myself before our track owner spends a bunch of money on it. At what temp do you think that stuff gets soft? 150-170F?
Hehe, this is almost like jumping into a company's product thread and asking, how do you make your product? Tell me the exact details on how you do it.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:10 AM
Tech Addict

This system looks interesting. I would like to see T-connectors to lock together different parts of the track, and 180 degree turns or a U turn as it's more commonly known.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:43 AM
Tech Regular

Those R/C Manufacturers from NY are the coolest!
Old 09-18-2007, 07:48 PM
CDW
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Todd Putnam
Those R/C Manufacturers from NY are the coolest!
they are...... not only do they have THE car (Gen X), they have the Carpet and the new clik trak barrier system......
CD
Old 09-18-2007, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I can't tell for sure by the pics, but it looks really similar in size to what we use..and what Stockton R/C uses..and Bending Corners uses...and a few other tracks I've been to.

We use 3x3 PVC "RainGutter DOWNSPOUT" It's perfectly square tubing 3x3" x 10'

I was able to find a different brand that is the OUTSIDE diameter...or what the 3x3 INSIDE diameter is...and I cut it in 1' lengths to join the pieces together cleanly.

The 10 ft. lengths were about 8 bucks each if I remember correctly..and they came from the local "Orchard Supply Hardware" store.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.