Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wheel Balancers

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 01:11 AM
Tech Adept

Arrow Wheel Balancers

I'm going to be running rubber tires for the first time on my T2 and I am trying to figure out how to balance a tire, I know there are tire balancers out there but I was hoping for an economical solution. Any help, tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:54 AM
Tech Elite

Balancing is unnecessary for 99.9% of us. Most wheels, inserts and tyres are pretty lightweight and regular and don't cause any excessive vibration.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:30 AM
Tech Addict

Most prop balancer can balance tires. Trinity made wheel balancer in it's Matt Francis line. I don't know if it's still in production. You could build your own out of spareparts but as sosidge says it's usually unnecessary, at least for touring cars.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:10 AM
Tech Elite

Much More are just releasing a tyre balancer - http://www.muchmoreracing.com/store/...oducts_id=2086 - due in the UK later this month, couldn't comment on availability worldwide.

If you want to experiment with balancing then this is probably as good a product as any.