Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Old 01-25-2008, 08:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StadiumChris
Um no way... not going to happen.

Losi is actually looking for more suggestions on updating the car. It runs so well, they really haven't received many complaints. If you have issues with the one-way, or other things about the car.. make sure you email LOSI with suggestions.

We just had 3 guys last weekend that purchased Xray 008 cars and just dumped them for JRXS-R.. they cannot get the 008 to rotate in the corners and that is easily accomplished with the JRXS.
Do they check their email? I emailed them with a question and they never responded.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
Do they check their email? I emailed them with a question and they never responded.
Join the club.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:57 AM
Tech Adept

Default received the wonderful message from Horizon Hobby..

I and Horizon Hobby wrote email fro and back as below: see what they said about type r for future!

Subject: RE: I have question foryou about JRXS-TYPE R productions
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 08:50:56 -0600
To: [email protected]

Not entirely. There are some parts that are interchangeable between the two cars but you cannot simply convert a JRX-S into a JRX-S Type R. There are many parts that would need to be replaced to accomplish this, and honestly it would be less expensive to purchase a kit. The differentials are interchangeable between the two, front C-hubs and caster blocks, rear hub carriers, shocks, hinge pins, along with some other parts. You can use the original JRX-S' a-arms on the Type R as a tuning option. Since the Type R uses longer A-Arms the team has found those to provide faster and more consistent performance.

======================================
Horizon Hobby Webmaster <[email protected]> wrote:

As with all RC vehicles, there will come a time where a product will be discontinued. At this point and time the JRX-S Type R is the flagship sedan for Team Losi Racing and there are no current plans to discontinue this model. You are correct that the original JRX-S has been discontinued, however we are still manufacturing and providing replacement parts for that car. One of the reasons for this is simply because many parts are interchangeable between the JRX-S and the JRX-S Type R.

Horizon Hobby Webmaster

======================================
Horizon Hobby Webmaster <[email protected]> wrote:

Thank you for your e-mail. I can understand your concerns and I hope to put you at-ease. Team Losi was actually acquired by Horizon Hobby nearly seven years ago. Since that time both Gil Losi Sr. and Gil Jr. continued to work for Team Losi in different roles. 12-18 months ago Gil Sr. semi-retired from the company and then fully retired. Gil Jr. continued on until last year at which time he decided to part form Losi. While Gil Jr. was the main "idea man" behind the JRX-S and The JRX-S Type R, others had considerable involvement. Todd Hodge, Matt Francis, Andrew Gray, and many others all helped in the overall design, testing, and refinement of both cars. The JRX-S Type R will continue to be supported in terms of replacement parts for the foreseeable future. Thank you for your e-mail and I hope this has answered your questions.

Horizon Hobby Webmaster
Old 01-26-2008, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

No one ever said it is going to disappear, just that they no longer have a onroad traveling team to show it off at races. If there is anymore development made on it, not that it is needed, it will have to come from the remaining team members. I personally have two of the cars as well as a first gen JRXS and don't plan on at this point getting rid of any of them. They still support the XXXS for parts, so I am not worried about not being able to get parts for this car anytime soon.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Just a question for all the guys wanting development for the car. What exactly does this car need? I'm just curious as to what you think needs improved on the car.
I can only think of two things I would change:

1. Redesign the forward rear suspension mount. With the larger "endbell" on brushless motors there is not much room to move the motor back in the car without the mount getting in the way.

2. Drill the holes in the shock tower for the sway bar mounts out so a 4-40 screw will fit.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I am glad to see that my worrying was for nothing. It was between this car, the TC5 and the Xray T2R if they ever brought that back into production. Price and parts support played a big factor as well. The Type R just looks so much different from all the rest and that is what makes it stand out for me. I don't want a flavor of the month car. Granted any upgrade from a Tamiya TT01 will be an improvement.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Xpress
I can only think of two things I would change:

2. Drill the holes in the shock tower for the sway bar mounts out so a 4-40 screw will fit.

actually the holes in the shock tower for the sway bars are sized so u can use just a 4-40 button head screw w/ no nut.

been running my car that way since i got it w/ no problems
Old 01-26-2008, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ron Goetter
click the link I dare u
You going to Fla with Rhodes?
Old 01-27-2008, 06:01 AM
Tech Regular

ran this car for the first time yesterday on carpet after switching from brand x. man what a great car! dialed. kinda brittle, but if you stay off the boards (2x4), you will be rewarded.

plus, its the quietest car i've ever owned, so they never know what hit em...

i'm sold.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by The Rev
ran this car for the first time yesterday on carpet after switching from brand x. man what a great car! dialed. kinda brittle, but if you stay off the boards (2x4), you will be rewarded.

plus, its the quietest car i've ever owned, so they never know what hit em...

i'm sold.
Did you buy a kit or was it a used car? The kits did have bad arms in them in the sense of how they were molded. The other thing you need to do is cut the axels down so they are not sticking out so far as to catch anything.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by mojoman
You going to Fla with Rhodes?
in fla know wrenching on the cars getting ready
Old 01-27-2008, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ron Goetter
in fla know wrenching on the cars getting ready
See you in about 15 hours!!
Old 01-27-2008, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

anybody having problems with getting loose off throttle? i'm thinking it's my front rear weight balance? anybody know what their corner wights are or front rear weights?
Old 01-27-2008, 08:08 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by tallyrc
anybody having problems with getting loose off throttle? i'm thinking it's my front rear weight balance? anybody know what their corner wights are or front rear weights?
This really depends on what class you are running. In stock the Type R likes to have more weight on the front than the rear. Generally a 52%Front and 48% rear is optimal for stock and 19T racing. For modified you will want a 49% front and 51% rear split to get the steering.

Loose off throttle: try less camber in the front with slightly more camber in the rear.

If this does not help you may want to run the JR Links in the front to help control the front end movement.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
This really depends on what class you are running. In stock the Type R likes to have more weight on the front than the rear. Generally a 52%Front and 48% rear is optimal for stock and 19T racing. For modified you will want a 49% front and 51% rear split to get the steering.

Loose off throttle: try less camber in the front with slightly more camber in the rear.

If this does not help you may want to run the JR Links in the front to help control the front end movement.
Wow, long time no see!! Glad to have you stop in and see what is going on. We thought you forgot about us here. Don't be stranger so much.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.