Wiki Posts
Search

Magnet Zapper: Team 1 RC vs. ThunderRC

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Magnet Zapper: Team 1 RC vs. ThunderRC

These are the two nice zappers I have seen out on the market. The Team 1 zapper is considerably cheaper, however the website has no been updated since 8/12/05, are they not making them anymore?

I really don't want to turn this into a simple opinion thread, but I have a feeling that it might go there...

I'm just looking for any feedback/experience with either zapper. Thanks.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

More often than not, you get what you pay for. If you want "cheap" results, buy the cheap one. But, if you want good results, spend the money.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I have the ThunderRC one and it Rocks. It Zaps those cans right back to life..

I cant speak about the other one as I never knew anyone with it to get any feedback on it.

Last edited by HRCRACER123; 02-15-2006 at 12:51 PM.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Have you considered the ARC Magnatizer? I think it is called the Eclipse.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HRCRACER123
I have the ThunderRC one and it Rocks. It Zaps those old cans right back to life..

I cant speak about the other one as I never knew anyone with it to get any feedback on it.

I have to agree with the ThunderRC I have that one also and I love it. Like they say "you get what you pay for"

Last edited by Marcos.J; 02-15-2006 at 11:26 AM.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KE4PJO
More often than not, you get what you pay for. If you want "cheap" results, buy the cheap one. But, if you want good results, spend the money.
While that saying is mostly true, both zappers are a hefty price, so it's not like one of them is a "cheap" model.

Advil, I have not heard of that zapper, do you have a link or any information on it?
Old 02-15-2006, 11:21 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Dont even waste your time on others. The Thunder RC zapper is hands down the best out there. It weighs in at around 25-28 lbs and is pretty small. The only one lighter and smaller is the Trinity cobalt magnet zapper...but its around 1600.00. I have never used one of those so I cant comment on how it works.

EA
Old 02-15-2006, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XrayFK
While that saying is mostly true, both zappers are a hefty price, so it's not like one of them is a "cheap" model.

Advil, I have not heard of that zapper, do you have a link or any information on it?
http://www.arc-racing.com/
Old 02-15-2006, 12:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I would agree w/ EA. Thunder R/C. It is smaller and lighter.

I have both of the zappers mentioned. Thunder R/C is always on the work bench!
Old 02-15-2006, 12:49 PM
Tech Adept

if you are zapping an OLD stocker you have gone over to the dark side...lol....
Old 02-15-2006, 01:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Yep my vote goes to ThunderRc. Got mine last November 05 and is going strong. Still waiting for the stickers though.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have 4 different zappers.....

I have team 1.....Thunder RC, Trinity Portable (non-ac powered....uses a huge NEO magnet to rezap the ferrite magnets in our motors), and the ERP

The team 1 works.....but it weighs like 10,000 pounds, very little tech support, and it RUSTS like no tomorrow.....its like owning a car in michigan....it's also a HUGE power hog, so you really can't use it at the track, as you will either get a crappy zap from low voltage or worse yet, blow the circuit....or trip people's chargers (you will make many friends this way)

The Thunder RC is the best AC powered zapper out there.....its light weight compared to the others, doesn't rust.....and, you get TECH SUPPORT! It also draws VERY little power, so you never have to worry about the problems the team 1 unit has....we use this zapper exclusively in the shop at Team br00d Racing....

The Trinity Portable, is very pricey.....I don't even know if you can get them anymore....its very small (about the size of 3 vhs tapes stacked up)....and does not required power to work. It works by screwing the armature down into the unit, so you can saturate the magnets with the large NEO magnet in it......I take this thing to all big events, mainly because it provides a GOOD zap, while also being small, portable, and requiring no power....

The ERP is the worst POS made......when you let off the switch, it actually sucks some power back out of the magnet....avoid it like its a hooker in mexico....

Later EddieO
Old 02-15-2006, 02:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Get the Arc ! Its by far the best i've seen.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EddieO
I have 4 different zappers.....

I have team 1.....Thunder RC, Trinity Portable (non-ac powered....uses a huge NEO magnet to rezap the ferrite magnets in our motors), and the ERP

The team 1 works.....but it weighs like 10,000 pounds, very little tech support, and it RUSTS like no tomorrow.....its like owning a car in michigan....it's also a HUGE power hog, so you really can't use it at the track, as you will either get a crappy zap from low voltage or worse yet, blow the circuit....or trip people's chargers (you will make many friends this way)

The Thunder RC is the best AC powered zapper out there.....its light weight compared to the others, doesn't rust.....and, you get TECH SUPPORT! It also draws VERY little power, so you never have to worry about the problems the team 1 unit has....we use this zapper exclusively in the shop at Team br00d Racing....

The Trinity Portable, is very pricey.....I don't even know if you can get them anymore....its very small (about the size of 3 vhs tapes stacked up)....and does not required power to work. It works by screwing the armature down into the unit, so you can saturate the magnets with the large NEO magnet in it......I take this thing to all big events, mainly because it provides a GOOD zap, while also being small, portable, and requiring no power....

The ERP is the worst POS made......when you let off the switch, it actually sucks some power back out of the magnet....avoid it like its a hooker in mexico....

Later EddieO

thats funny , You can also use the ERP if you need an anchor for your boat!
Old 02-15-2006, 02:44 PM
Tech Regular

Smile

A big thanks to the original poster of this thread. I am about 1-2 days away from ordering one of these and start a little motor rebuilding service. ThunderRC will be getting an order from me real quick here. Thanks also to those who supplied info on there experiences.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.