Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TEAM PICKLES T2 CHASSIS

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 01:10 AM
Tech Addict

Default TEAM PICKLES T2 CHASSIS

Hi everyone, I know this should be in the company discussion area, but we can't seem to get a response from the forum admin about starting a thread.

We've been overwhelmed with emails regarding our T2 chassis. This post is to answer alot of the questions and provide critical updates about pricing and availibility of the chassis leading up to snow birds.

The Car:

The chassis has had the bulkhead holes corrected. Although the amount of variance in the stock chassis wasn't as terrible as people have made it out to be. We measured it on a CMM machine, and it was off, but not catosrophically. Regardless we fixed it. There are no multiflex slots on ours, the top deck is solid and all components are made from top of the line 70/30 3mm quasi isotropic graphite.

Cars will be availible for overnight shipping as early as thursday. We will have a very limited supply as the first batch of kits are being cut this week. We are also going to allow a few hand delivery's at snowbirds. I'll be there tuesday at the start of on-road practice.

Complete pricing and availiblity details will be availible on this thread and on the team pickles website www.teampickles.com this afternoon and evening. I got the first production peices today and I still haven't gotten around to photographing them.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

YEA YEA!
Old 02-01-2006, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I sent you an email acouple days ago, I'll getting one of those soon.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

YEA YEA!! TPP!
Old 02-01-2006, 07:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Lets see some pics.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:53 AM
GK
Suspended

I had a chance to see the chassis and upper deck last night, it looks great!
Old 02-01-2006, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

now we have a reason to make some sick pickles stickers!
Old 02-01-2006, 09:23 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by HRCRACER123
Lets see some pics.
YEAH !
Old 02-01-2006, 09:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Pickles no donuts in the pic's..please...
Old 02-01-2006, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

will you just be manufacturing the chassis just for the T2?
Old 02-01-2006, 10:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drew_Cat
YEAH !
Yo Drew whats up dude. Did you pick up a T2? I thought you were a losi boy..
Old 02-01-2006, 10:18 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by HRCRACER123
Yo Drew whats up dude. Did you pick up a T2? I thought you were a losi boy..
I haven't raced 1/10 this season on carpet yet !!!! but i love the losi outdoors. the t2 looks a bit flexi .. i would like to see what the teampickles.com has in the jar i don't think jason from BMI will be taking on such a feat ... Just my .02
Old 02-01-2006, 11:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cheehtae
will you just be manufacturing the chassis just for the T2?
Right now we are looking at the T2 right now, with plans for a FK05, and Corally in the works.

As far as what "team pickles has in the jar", this chassis is 3mm thick and we have elimiated the flex slots in the front and rear for carpet racing, which will help elimintate many of the tweak issues that have been experienced.

Jarrod, Pickles swag is on the way, stickers and shirts to start...

Pics and website should also be up and running today...sometime...

For those going to the Snowbirds, make sure you hook up with Ed Forer and take a look at the work or art while you are down there.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:43 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chach
Right now we are looking at the T2 right now, with plans for a FK05, and Corally in the works.

As far as what "team pickles has in the jar", this chassis is 3mm thick and we have elimiated the flex slots in the front and rear for carpet racing, which will help elimintate many of the tweak issues that have been experienced.

Jarrod, Pickles swag is on the way, stickers and shirts to start...

Pics and website should also be up and running today...sometime...

For those going to the Snowbirds, make sure you hook up with Ed Forer and take a look at the work or art while you are down there.
hi there... the website for Pickles still has a "coming soon" page displaying. i had two quick questions.

1. will you guys make a chassis WITH the flex slotting in 2.5mm?

2. will you guys be making a chassis WITHOUT the flex slotting for asphalt racers?

thanks guys!

As far as what "team pickles has in the jar" <--- i love it.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:52 PM
Tech Addict

Website is still being worked on, in the interim, here is the officially skinny on the team pickles chassis: The Stiff Pickle

Here are some things you should know. As I mentioned before we used a CMM machine at an areospace engineering frim in a clean room to measure the stock t2 chassis. We found slight variances in the bulkhead holes on the plate. They are very minor, but regardless we corrected them on our version, the bulkheads sit perfectly straight inline and there is no tension on them.

The top deck and lower plates are mix and matchable with stock components. IE you can run a stock top deck with a TPP lower plate and a TPP top deck with a stock lower plate.

The top deck sits perfectly and DOES NOT TWEAK THE CHASSIS. The screws go into the bulkheads straight and nothing is under tension. The top deck is NOT COUNTERSUNK. There is so little material between the screw heads and bulkheads that the countersinks would compromise the top deck. The two outer most laminations in the graphite are the structurally most important. With very little area around the screwholes in order to make bulkhead clearance, we opted not to countersink the top deck as did Xray.

The carbon fiber is of top quality as well. 3.0mm 70/30 carbon/resin quasi iso-tropic carbon fiber, this is as good as it gets in the RC industry.

Pricing and Availibility.

Availibility is first come first sever. Based on existing inquiries we are close to selling out our stock that will be availible for snowbirds, so PM or email me [email protected] if you want in. We are not requiring deposits of any kind.

We will email you if you make the list, at which point you will be required to pay in full via paypal. We can overnight it or hand deliver it at snowbirds on tuesday.

Pricing:

Complete kit: Upper and Lower Plates $109.99
Lower Plate (main chassis): $89.99
Top Deck: $29.99

These prices do not include S/H, but overnight is garunteed to be under $20.00 for the lower 48.

Last edited by eforer; 02-01-2006 at 02:17 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.