TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silentassassin
thanks matt i was refering to timewarp in lith

jc oaks

i knew what you ment...when i got to dirt heaven i gear the same as trackside...
Old 01-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Just got my JConcepts Finisher back from my painter. This shell is sick.

Old 01-08-2012, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Corey Bernardo
NOPE .. Nothing special there man.. We use the stock ball cups, and ball studs.. On the 22T I like the Titanium ball studs just in case....
Whats up Corey! How you liking the T? If you see Coral Springs NOW...YOu would pop a ballcup! LOl
Old 01-08-2012, 02:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rider313
Just got my JConcepts Finisher back from my painter. This shell is sick.

Wow that is nice! I see your signature says VTX10, is there plenty of room for this ESC with that shell?
Old 01-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Screamin Steve
Wow that is nice! I see your signature says VTX10, is there plenty of room for this ESC with that shell?
Yes it is very spacious in there. Alot more room then the stock shell.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RB5SP
i've heard that the stock bearings on the 22 arent that great, personally I have to agree. I've noticed they seem to develop alot of slop or completely fall apart, I know for sure my wheel bearings f/r are on the way out, can someone recomend a good set of bearings for the 22. I dont want to purchase cheap bearings and have the same problem down the line.
Fast Eddy bearings a buck a piece any size.Dont let the price fool you ive been using them for years with great results.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rider313
Yes it is very spacious in there. Alot more room then the stock shell.
Thanks.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I just got the FTW Vane shell to paint. I think this is a good looking shell. Can't wait to paint it. I have to though as I am also getting a new airbrush that I want to try. I'm tired of rattle cans! I'll post a pic once I get it painted up. Lots of room for the esc as well although I think I'm going to rewire mine. I'm using a Speed Passion LPF and even though it fits, I think it will fit better if I rotate it 90 degrees. Right now my receiver plug is rubbing the body on the stock body and the Vane and putting some stress on the wires.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Slick track setup..

My local track get slick and bumpy.I have only ran the 22 a couple weekends now and iam really chashing the car what's a good setup for a slick dry track.Any help would be great...
Old 01-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'm having some trouble with the slipper tips posted earlier by Casper. Here's the text...

Holding the slipper and the right tire in place with your right hand turn the left tire until something gives. You should be able to see the slipper nut on the top shaft rotate. (should be really easy to turn with the slipper loose.

Tighten the slipper 1/4 turn increments until there is some real resistance. If at any time you turn the left wheel and the slipper nut does not move then the diff just slipped before the slipper. You either need to back off the slipper or tighten the diff up. You need to make sure at all times the slipper gives before the diff does. This is the secret to a long lasting diff.
First, what does it mean to hold the slipper? I can hold the spur gear and right tire, but I can't grip the actual slipper plate. If I did manage to hold the slipper, I'm pretty sure the nut wouldn't be able to turn. Maybe I'm just reading this too literally?

Secondly, assuming I'm doing this adjustment right to begin with, I'm having trouble figuring out if my slipper is set correctly. I have the diff tightened to point that it's difficult to turn the left wheel without considerable force. And I have the slipper tightened right to where the slipper nut rotates when I turn the left tire using considerable force. If I tighten the slipper any more at this point the diff starts to slip instead of the slipper. That sounds right according to Casper's tips. But when I try the wheelie test, the front end of the car doesn't lift off the table. It comes close, but if the tires are coming up it's only a quarter-inch or so.

Do I just need to tighten my diff more so that I can set the slipper more tightly? I feel like my diff is already tight, but the slipper thing is throwing me off.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:55 PM
Eli
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scotto703
My local track get slick and bumpy.I have only ran the 22 a couple weekends now and iam really chashing the car what's a good setup for a slick dry track.Any help would be great...
You might want to lower anti-squat, ex. if you are at 3 or 2.5 try 1 degree. I've made this change when my local track used to get very bumpy especially coming onto the straight and it let the suspension work more and let the car accelerate instead of just bouncing around. However after the track got rebuilt the 1 degree anti squat was useless as it wouldn't cause any mechanical bind allowing the tires to just spin and the car was very loose.

We now have a different surface so this doesnt really apply but give it a shot it should help some but only when the track is bumpy. Another thing that could help if you track is very hard packed is worn tires may work better since you will have more of a contact patch on the ground. Maybe some tire traction additive as well and make sure you're running the right tire insert.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RB5SP
i've heard that the stock bearings on the 22 arent that great, personally I have to agree. I've noticed they seem to develop alot of slop or completely fall apart, I know for sure my wheel bearings f/r are on the way out, can someone recomend a good set of bearings for the 22. I dont want to purchase cheap bearings and have the same problem down the line.
I run Boca Bearings in all my cars and they last along time. I would reccomend some green seal bearings, those are what I run, and a couple months later and they still are smooth and look new.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by forwardonly
I just got the FTW Vane shell to paint. I think this is a good looking shell. Can't wait to paint it. I have to though as I am also getting a new airbrush that I want to try. I'm tired of rattle cans! I'll post a pic once I get it painted up. Lots of room for the esc as well although I think I'm going to rewire mine. I'm using a Speed Passion LPF and even though it fits, I think it will fit better if I rotate it 90 degrees. Right now my receiver plug is rubbing the body on the stock body and the Vane and putting some stress on the wires.
I purchased the vane body and have been running it for a couple weeks now.Even though it looks like its got plenty of room its a really tight fit for my R10 pro.I definately had to do some chopping.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jsmccallum
I'm having some trouble with the slipper tips posted earlier by Casper. Here's the text...

First, what does it mean to hold the slipper? I can hold the spur gear and right tire, but I can't grip the actual slipper plate. If I did manage to hold the slipper, I'm pretty sure the nut wouldn't be able to turn. Maybe I'm just reading this too literally?

Secondly, assuming I'm doing this adjustment right to begin with, I'm having trouble figuring out if my slipper is set correctly. I have the diff tightened to point that it's difficult to turn the left wheel without considerable force. And I have the slipper tightened right to where the slipper nut rotates when I turn the left tire using considerable force. If I tighten the slipper any more at this point the diff starts to slip instead of the slipper. That sounds right according to Casper's tips. But when I try the wheelie test, the front end of the car doesn't lift off the table. It comes close, but if the tires are coming up it's only a quarter-inch or so.

Do I just need to tighten my diff more so that I can set the slipper more tightly? I feel like my diff is already tight, but the slipper thing is throwing me off.
yeah he means hold the spur gear.Keep tightening the slipper if your wheels only come up a quarter inch but tighten in like 1/16 increments.tighten until the wheels lift up a couple inches with your short,but full bursts of throttle.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Gens ace batteries.

So i'm trying to decide what batteries I should get for my 22. Right now I have my 5000mah 40c gens ace and i'm wondering if I should get the 4800 25c saddle packs or 4000 30c hardcase pack since they are smaller? Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.