Search
Like Tree56Likes

Tamiya BB01 BBX Chassis 58719

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2023, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raman
Horizon did away with the customer service number. So you have to use the live chat, which also sucks.

If you MB01 shipped then I guess you’re in good shape.
Randomly my BBX showed up today. No shipping notification or anything. Glad it did, just very odd.
Sorcerer001 likes this.
Old 09-05-2023, 07:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sorcerer001
If this has everything to do with their software migration, I'm sympathetic to their situation.
I'm not. I've worked in IT for a hair over 30 years and things like this can be avoided. Even if their software migration didn't bring in the orders directly, they could have written code to reimport the orders and backdate the order date to the original order date. All that is technically possible and would show customer dedication.

Originally Posted by angrymelon
Randomly my BBX showed up today. No shipping notification or anything. Glad it did, just very odd.
Glad it worked out for you in the end.
angrymelon likes this.
Old 09-05-2023, 11:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mahjik
I'm not. I've worked in IT for a hair over 30 years and things like this can be avoided. Even if their software migration didn't bring in the orders directly, they could have written code to reimport the orders and backdate the order date to the original order date. All that is technically possible and would show customer dedication.
You’re probably right. Horizon just decided to close the spout on a guaranteed revenue source (pre-orders) just to spite clients it really doesn’t need.

They showed customer dedicated by offering further credits for the inconvenience. In the end, orders are being shipped

Old 09-09-2023, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Just got the kit... have questions

Hiya folks,

Does anyone know if the bbx wheels can be reused? Like will it survive an acetone soak?

Thanks for any input.

Alexander
Old 09-09-2023, 08:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by foampervert
Hiya folks,

Does anyone know if the bbx wheels can be reused? Like will it survive an acetone soak?

Thanks for any input.

Alexander
No. tamiya’s wheels are abs so will melt
Old 09-10-2023, 03:18 AM
Tech Master

Default Hhhhmmm...

Originally Posted by Raman
No. tamiya’s wheels are abs so will melt
these bbx rims sound a bit different from the typical touring car rims and non- acetonable buggy/truck rim's. (When you tap it against each other).

But I guess the only real way to know is to try... when the tires are worn through.
for those who want to use a smaller spur, do note that thr td4 spur gear holder doesn't fit... I tried and decided to get a small gear a different way... yokomo or ae spurs!

Last edited by foampervert; 09-11-2023 at 07:48 AM.
Old 09-25-2023, 05:54 AM
Tech Master

Default Finally finished the bbx

Old 09-27-2023, 06:09 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Got a BBX recently. Besides slipper clutch and installing a TA06 diff, any other weak points on this car that need addressing?
Old 09-27-2023, 01:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Dan
Got a BBX recently. Besides slipper clutch and installing a TA06 diff, any other weak points on this car that need addressing?
Mine has been sitting on a shelf waiting to be built
Old 09-27-2023, 09:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anybody run one yet?
Old 09-29-2023, 10:47 PM
Tech Master

Default Wheeew

It's super fun, although the stock tires only work on loamy dirt and grass.

Does anyone know if AE'S 13mm big bore shocks fit on the bbx, and which sizes for the front and rear?

Thanks lots!

Alexander
Old 09-30-2023, 09:49 AM
Tech Addict

Does the kit come with that body foam?
Old 11-17-2023, 10:36 AM
Tech Champion

Finally got around to painting mine. My goal was to create a Blue that had some interesting depth to it. So I started with their translucent blue. I also sprayed a scrap piece of lexan with it and then tested backing it with: dark anthracite, light anthracite and silver. All had very cool effects. I settled on backing the upper body with silver. It’s a little darker than the TRF blue. The lower portion will be light anthracite.

Old 11-23-2023, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

Default Modded the bbx for greater pleasure

Dear bbx friends.

After some time with the bbx, I realized that the rear suspension geometry could be better.
the stock geometry has the inner suspension mounts set very high. The consequence to it is that the axles are pulled out of their drive cups, as the suspension is compressed. Further, there is insufficient camber gain, to the point that as the car rolls, you get positive camber on the outer wheel, leading to tire washout.

My mods involve moving both the upper/lower inner suspension mounts downwards. Further the upper inner mounts outwards (to create a much shorter upper link for camber gain... it was insufficient)
I then made an outer suspension mount to create more camber gain.
It works super well and axle movement within the drive cup has dropped dramatically.
Camber gain is about 1 degree from full stroke to full compression at the current link positions.
enjoy!
Raman and jph98 like this.
Old 11-24-2023, 11:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by foampervert

Dear bbx friends.

After some time with the bbx, I realized that the rear suspension geometry could be better.
the stock geometry has the inner suspension mounts set very high. The consequence to it is that the axles are pulled out of their drive cups, as the suspension is compressed. Further, there is insufficient camber gain, to the point that as the car rolls, you get positive camber on the outer wheel, leading to tire washout.

My mods involve moving both the upper/lower inner suspension mounts downwards. Further the upper inner mounts outwards (to create a much shorter upper link for camber gain... it was insufficient)
I then made an outer suspension mount to create more camber gain.
It works super well and axle movement within the drive cup has dropped dramatically.
Camber gain is about 1 degree from full stroke to full compression at the current link positions.
enjoy!
I foresee 3D printing of your creation 😉
smirkracing likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.