Search
Like Tree66Likes

Kyosho Lazer ZX7 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2021, 12:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamsa
Correspondence to the IFMAR rule revised in 2019.
I believe hat is only referring to the 1mm offset the new wheels have. What about the 5mm axle hole? is that an Ifmar rule too?
Old 12-06-2021, 05:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Both offset change and 5mm hole are correspondence with ifmra rule.
Old 08-28-2022, 11:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I do hope Kyosho jumps back in the 4wd 1:10 buggy arena again sometime soon. They have always impressed me over the last three decades with design and quality. I still run my ZX7 competitively on carpet along side, and often in front of the latest and "greatest chassis currently on the market. I have a Yokomo YZ4SF2, Schumacher, and Associated that are collecting dust on the shelf as the Kyosho is just better... at least for my driving style. Come on KYOSHO, get hungry for the world championship again.
Old 08-29-2022, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Obsidian
I do hope Kyosho jumps back in the 4wd 1:10 buggy arena again sometime soon. They have always impressed me over the last three decades with design and quality. I still run my ZX7 competitively on carpet along side, and often in front of the latest and "greatest chassis currently on the market. I have a Yokomo YZ4SF2, Schumacher, and Associated that are collecting dust on the shelf as the Kyosho is just better... at least for my driving style. Come on KYOSHO, get hungry for the world championship again.

I am also holding out for Kyosho to jump back into 1/10 racing.
Old 04-19-2023, 07:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Default 13.5 Carpet Set-up Sheet Recommendations & Tips for Racing Zx7

Curious if anyone following this thread can point me to a good set-up sheet to run the Zx7 13.5 spec on indoor black carpet track 90’ x 40’ with more technical / tight layouts.

The majority of what I have seen on petitrc as far as carpet for this buggy is for mod/lower turn motors. Just built the kit and took it out for its first time last night (sat NIB on shelf for way too long).

Any additional tips for club racing this chasis?
Old 04-19-2023, 08:36 AM
Tech Addict

There are some carpet set ups in the 'files section' of the Kyosho Off Road Army facebook group, some good ones from Duncan Nattress (UK Racer)
Old 06-12-2023, 12:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

First time run a brand new Kyosho Lazer ZX7 for the 3rd round of the Spanish National Series! This car just surprised everyone in the field as it was probably the fastest cornering, braking and accelerating car in there

I was able to get an 8th after having many issues with the 4200mah lipos not lasting a 7min main. The car just stopped in the last lap of the first main because of the lipo cut-off.
I removed it for the second main but the car completely lost power in the last 2 corners, forcing me to give up 2 positions and leaving me in the 6th place.
Fortunately, a friend of mine was able to find a 6300mah lipo for the last main final. Ended up 5th for an overall 8th place in the A-main.

Really happy with the car with just a couple changes from box stock.
Old 06-12-2023, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

I think if Kyosho keeps hearing about the success stories of their buggies, they might think of bringing it back. Keep sending your results.

How are you going with the RB7?

Old 06-13-2023, 01:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by OffRoadJunkie
I think if Kyosho keeps hearing about the success stories of their buggies, they might think of bringing it back. Keep sending your results.

How are you going with the RB7?
Still waiting for the front sway bars coming from Kyosho Europe. The ZX7 really surprised me, tons of steering, tons of grip, super stable. This thing is bullet fast! Just missing easy access diffs.

Old 06-13-2023, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lexusbest
Still waiting for the front sway bars coming from Kyosho Europe. The ZX7 really surprised me, tons of steering, tons of grip, super stable. This thing is bullet fast! Just missing easy access diffs.

I meaning to look into what it would cost to have a quick access box designed and molded, rather than 3D printed. I know there is a 3D printed version for the RB7.
Old 06-22-2023, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

anyone have a zx-7 4wd dirt buggy for sale ??
Old 06-28-2023, 10:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OffRoadJunkie
I meaning to look into what it would cost to have a quick access box designed and molded, rather than 3D printed. I know there is a 3D printed version for the RB7.
Is diff height adjustment a big deal? If so, maybe design it with diff height inserts also. The stock zx5/6/7 gearbox design would make an excellent platform for inserts, with some dimensional massaging.
Old 06-29-2023, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by foampervert
Is diff height adjustment a big deal? If so, maybe design it with diff height inserts also. The stock zx5/6/7 gearbox design would make an excellent platform for inserts, with some dimensional massaging.
It's a big deal if you need that little extra umph to get you on the podium. It only helps if the driver can get a around a track without crashing. It offers a tad more speed due to having the level drive shafts. Currently, to raise the diff, on the ZX, you will have to raise the entire gear box. However, this can raise the center of gravity. But then some will argue that the weight difference is not enough to worry about, and it will also raise the shocks so your suspension travel doesn't change.
Old 10-02-2023, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Anyone still racing this? How hard is it to find parts?
Old 10-02-2023, 10:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Has to be said, the few that were at the worlds went surprisingly well, the parts question might be a problem though, here in the UK i would say support is very scarce at best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.