Wiki Posts
Search

MRCCR Club (Lilydale Victoria) Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 06:17 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: is it 30 mins final

Originally posted by Franky
is it in the final, 30 minutes for stock class?
how long is heat? and how many heats?

must have spare TX and RX batteries.

hopefully i can go there to take somemore video and put on my web site. see the previous?

www.jimjim.fun.ms can also see my new body paint job.
This is just in from the latest newsletter thingamajig .... length of the finals depends on the number of cars...

Cars - Minutes
2-3 - 10 mins
4-5 - 15 mins
6-7 - 20 mins
8-10 - 30 mins

The heats are 5 minutes long and there are usually 3 heats (time permitting).

Your batteries should last the day if they're a reasonable capacity.

You'll have some more Stock class competition soon, my cousin's getting himself a V-One S II soon.
Old 09-13-2003, 08:04 PM
Tech Adept

Hi all ,, last time i raced at the track on the 10/8/2003
i left behind either on top or under the large table under the cover a clear large compartment box containing gears,suspension components and various spares for my old but beloved mugen avance k2x 235mm , if picked up by mistake could someone please ring someone in the club and let them know ,,i have checked the track but no one has handed them in ,,please return my spares its all i have for this car ,,, any help much apprecited Regards Danny
Old 09-14-2003, 06:13 AM
BG
Tech Addict

Hello there Danny.........

Sorry to hear about those missing parts. But I can help with you another kit and some gears and starter box. Let me know if you are interested. PM
Old 09-14-2003, 10:37 PM
Tech Addict

Bad to see DC did not finish the final, u were doing well in the three heats. what was wrong?

4th 1 Dave Calwell 10 3m48.11s 18.45 17.79 0.69 Did Not Finish
Old 09-14-2003, 10:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Franky,

Blew a plug so missed warmup and start, car was not as good as in heats so pushed too hard trying to catch up and broke the car.

As it turned out i should have just continued ata slower pace as everyone lese had problems too.

Another lesson learned.

DC
Old 09-14-2003, 10:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by OZDC
Franky,

Blew a plug so missed warmup and start, car was not as good as in heats so pushed too hard trying to catch up and broke the car.

As it turned out i should have just continued ata slower pace as everyone lese had problems too.

Another lesson learned.

DC
Liar... you went home to watch Sandown .
Old 09-14-2003, 11:09 PM
Tech Adept

Hi BG hope things are well for you,,thanks but if i dont get them back ill buy a copple of suspension arms for it and some gears just to get me through the next copple of months ,the car is to old now and lacking the technology to justify spending on a new kit and reinvesting in it,thanks for the offer but ill wait to see what happens ,,then ill go and buy a sERPENT 235MM,,,time for a serpent soon ,, thanks again Danny
Old 09-15-2003, 04:14 AM
Tech Addict

Franky,

Another lesson learned.

DC
but i still recon u r the champ
Old 09-15-2003, 03:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by V-One S Racer
Liar... you went home to watch Sandown .
Franky was talking about the night meet at Dandy. You are correct about last Sunday though, first sign of rain and i was off home

DC
Old 09-22-2003, 04:44 PM
Tech Addict

what is the policy on selling your own stuffs ?
will anyone be offensed if so?
Old 09-22-2003, 05:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Franky,

MRCCR does NOT have a policy of 'no trackside sales'.

We tried it at one stage but found it did more harm than good.

DC
Old 09-22-2003, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

Franky,

MRCCR does NOT have a policy of 'no trackside sales'.

We tried it at one stage but found it did more harm than good.

DC
But MRCCR has come along way from thoes days. Might be time to have a review as did SERCCC .
Old 09-22-2003, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

What i mean trackside selling, is sell 2nd hand items. not new things. like fuel, plug.

i would like to sell those my old stuffs.

i will stick to the rules. as long as there is no selling rules. i will only sell my stuffs on ebay.

i think if there is a 2nd hand market , will help ppl start their hobby. once they get in this hobby, new items and parts will be demanding for the local hobby shops. a lot of youngs would like to buy something cheap to start. once they get in. at least can keep them buying fuel. and filters from time to time.

i don;t understang why no 2nd cars sold in local hobby shop.
Old 09-22-2003, 10:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Dexter
But MRCCR has come along way from thoes days. Might be time to have a review as did SERCCC .
Dexter does that mean that SERCCC does allow trackside selling now. What was the change.

Just to clear up the issue, MRCCR was originally a 1/8 only club (before 235mm and NT) and the only way to get parts and cars was through backyarders. Trackside sales were allowed as this was often the only time guys could get their parts as well as the convenience factor.

After Pro NT's came in (few years ago) and Hobby shops were selling them, we approached shops about promoting the club and a number said they would not promote the club to their customers while trackside sales were allowed as they saw it as unfair competition.
The club took this on board and banned trackside sales but after a year or more we really didnt see any benefit in increased membership so we went back to how things were.

This is not to say that there is a mini shop at the track, in fact very little selling goes on, you probably couldnt tell.

Now SERCCC has come from different roots, originally being largely involved with a few local shops and the cars they used to run were the ones hobby shops could sell lots of and make $$$ on. Which is absolutely fine, I'm just saying that the 2 clubs have a different approach due to historical reasons.

Franky, Hobby shops really would not make any $$$ from 2nd hand cars and not many people want them, they'd rather get one out of the trading post.

You are welcome to bring your old cars to try and sell.

DC
Old 09-22-2003, 10:53 PM
Nitro Tech

OZDC,

You got PM!

about secret arms...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.